New LED growlight build

Yes, I built it yesterday so I haven’t tried it yet. The plan is to turn it on for 5 minutes when the main growlight goes out. I have no idea if it works or not so just an experiment. It was cheap enough and I like diy so what the hell…

Day 22 - feeding megacrop 35 grams per 5 gallons tap ph 6.1… 3rd day in 12/12…

6 Likes

Can you take a pic with flash next time so we can see her color :slight_smile:

Here you go @Jellypowered, this is with just the room lights on but not my grow light. It is located just outside the door of my cabinet. Then another with my flower initiator on after lights out… Just waiting on them to start flowering so I can clear out the boys and give the girls a little more room…

7 Likes

They look great but a bit hungry in my opinion :slight_smile:

Keep growing! :muscle:

Just learning this MegaCrop feed. I started with the recommended dosage and now I’m up to 35 grams for a 5 gallon res. The newer growth is greening up nicely but the early leaves are the ones that look a little yellow around the edges. Just starting flower now so I will probably increase it again. I may go 8 or 9 grams per gallon or maybe my scale is not accurate…anyway, no burn yet so I’ll bump it a bit and see what happens. I try to keep a close eye on it and good thing, my pump stopped this morning so I had to replace it but I know it was working up to yesterday…

2 Likes

what do you think of these solstrips im geting 4 for a 60x40x60cm grow tent any advice ?

I like’m a lot but my space is quite a bit smaller than yours. Mine is 19”x31”, about half the size of yours. I’d probably get a couple more for a space your size. Maybe some others will chime in that have comparable size tents.

Are those dimensions in centimeters or inches?

1 Like

Pretty sure he’s using cm.

Must be a small clone/seedling tent. Like the Secret Jardin Dark Propagator, as seen here

cm i have a 60x40x60cm mini prop tent and a 80x80x160cm tent

and

1 Like

Yes @casperd
The Best option would be 4 solstrips with 150w dimable driver. As Baudelaire wrote. You want your leds run at 70% and your driver at max. So this would be the Best option :slight_smile: If its for veg only then I would go with 4000K strips :slight_smile: good luck :slight_smile: where are you from?

@Jellypowered… Duh, why didn’t I see that…yes, go for it you’ll like’m!:grin:

1 Like

i want it for veg and flower i was told 3500k would be best option ?

4 Likes

That’s the color temp I’m using, i just flipped it to flower time maybe 5 days ago. It’ll be a while yet…

1 Like

Yes! :slight_smile: everybody here on OG takes the 3500K strips if you want to veg and flower with one Light :slight_smile: I got them as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m the only weirdo who built a 4000k/50000K veg light a d a 27000K flower light. :grin: :laughing: :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that running light more into the blue spectrum compared to 2700k definitely helps prevent some of the stretch which in micro grow situations can be an issue. Also tend to get healthier looking plants under the 3500-4500k but that’s just my observation with my own trials

4 Likes

Today I was able to clear a few boys out of the cabinet so I got a little more room for the remaining girls. Actually I may have some more boys still but I got the ones I was sure of. I also gave a bit of a trim and put up my Scrog frame.

8 Likes

Lost another to boyhood today but the rest are all girls… I started with 3 strains, 3 seed each of regular seeds plus one fem seed. Now down to 4 out of 10 but I think this is the perfect number for my grow space. Now I’m just trying to spread them out and keep them as low as I can till the buds start taking shape.
Left rear: Purple Orange CBD
Right rear: Nurse LarryxValentine
Left front:BlueberryxValentine
Right front:CBD CrewxValentine

4 Likes