New Member mystified by freebie announcements

Hi.

I new Old Timer member here who is a bit msytified as to how you sign up or put dibs in for the seed and\or pollen freebies that are announced

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

12 Likes

There are some instruction posts here and there I (or someone else) can grab for you, but most of the giveaways are wiki-based, ie there’s a list and people wanting-in click on a pencil icon at the bottom of the list that allows them to edit it, and then they add their name (with the at symbol before their username with no space between), and then save the change. It’s a little more complicated, but that’s the basics.

You likely need to move up a level in membership to be able to edit a wiki. Keep reading and posting and liking and you’ll move up in no time.

12 Likes

Here’s a post on wiki editing etiquette from the resident super user, Doug:

7 Likes

I’ll make it easy. PM me an address and I’ll mail you some beans. You can check me out here…

:grin::v::canada:

43 Likes

@Budderton, that’s the way to welcome a new member to the OG community!!!
This is 1 of the reasons that make this such a fabulous place!!!
Folks like you, with the generosity, makes the community what it is, awesome.
Thanks for sharing with a new member, it will make their day!!!

18 Likes

Hi.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Sorry for being such a stiff but how does one member PM another?

7 Likes

Click on my icon and there will be a message bar. Click that and you will go to private message.
Let me know if you have any problems. :grin::v:

9 Likes

Problem solved: @Budderton to the rescue.

It’s really quite easy, just sign up :+1:

9 Likes

Hey man, welcome to OG. My best suggestion is hang out and interact with folks. You will quickly pick up on things. You won’t be able to sign up for many of the giveaways until you get to TL2 or member status. Before that you cannot edit a wiki in the trading post section. Take a look at the link below that will explain how trust levels work and how you can advance through them. Looking forward to watching your journal. :v:

12 Likes

Very OG of ya. Another prime example of the generosity of the folks here.

5 Likes

Holy shitballs, man!
Hey. I’m a newbie, too. Hint, hint. Wink, wink.

12 Likes

Yeah don’t ignore us new folks!

(I’m just teasing I got something from you the other day!)

6 Likes

Man what a nice guy to send someone a gift like that. Those are the kinda things that make this a great form.

5 Likes

I guarantee you’ll be more than happy with @Buddertons genetics. The guy knows what he’s doing.

3 Likes

I was informed there was free shit here. Or maybe I had free shit to give away?

I don’t even remember anymore…

5 Likes

Hell ya! Looks like someone is getting buddered!

I’ve grown out some of buddertons stuff and ur in for a real treat!(and some serious frost)

3 Likes

Also of note, if you look at the first message you recieved when you signed up to join OG, you will find that Lemonade Joe has sent you links to the docs you should read (labelled must read) which explain how to use OG, including all your requested use cases

4 Likes

Good morning.

You are absolutely right.

I should have read it when I received it. At the time it seemed like ‘homework’ and as an indifferent student I neglected mine. Thanks for the correction @herojuana.tom

3 Likes

:joy: No worries, nobody likes fine print! I would say that less than 10% of users show signs that they have read these docs :nerd_face: :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

I have to admit I didn’t read it but that’s my way.

3 Likes