New to OG? How to use the site? Tips, tricks ✨

Let’s gather some recommended reading :books:, tips :bulb: and tricks :sparkles:for new members to help them get familiar with Overgrow.

What difficulties have you run into when you signed up? What would have made your life easier?

The Basics

Moderation

Your first steps

Giving back

:warning: This post is a wiki and can be edited by every member. This post should be updated with new tips, because all replies to this topic are automatically deleted after a month.

16 Likes

S L O W…R E S P O N S E…W H E N…T Y P I N G

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I type reasonably fast, but it’s taking waaaay too long for all the letters to actually show up on the screen. It’s frustrating. I was trying to post a message last night and had the same issue. I closed my browser and restarted overgrow a few times, but ended up logging off because the issue persisted. I figured it would be resolved by now, but nope!

What’s going on?!

1 Like

Not at the moment but it has happened once for me. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’ve had it happen more than a few times but its off and on kinda random times. I thought it was just my phone lagging but sounds like I’m not the only person its happened to. Usually have to reset app once or twice to fix it, not sure about regular web version.

2 Likes

There is probably a bug in the software. Thanks for noticing… I’ll try to address it ASAP.

2 Likes

Thanks, LJ! However, even though I had the issue for an extended period of time, even after restarting my browser several times, it resolved itself within a day or 2. I made a big post yesterday without issue.

1 Like