New to keeping mothers

I grew some seed out and kept mother’s to clone from its all been going great. I’ve only had these mothers for about 4 months and they seem to be stretching like they are going to flower. these are not autos.

They are red cherry berry x remedy and rcb x glacier from @Sebring. Im using 2 t5 lights 24 hours. Is it that they are not getting enough light? I can add more.

5 Likes

They look fine to me

4 Likes

They do look fine.

Plan on keeping this area super clean for the long haul results.

Vectors for infestation, disease, mold, mildew etc will need to be kept under control.

I like to take clones as I go, but I have lost some keepers along the way with this approach.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

6 Likes

So the alternating internodes is not a problem then? Good. I have 9 mothers until the clones are done and i can narrow it down to two. One remedy and one glacier. Then i will start two new strains and do the same. :grin:

1 Like

No, they will all do that as they get older. Some varieties will flower if the get root bound, however. I use fabric pots to counter this.

7 Likes

:blush: [cough]

I’m still happy as hell to see this-a-happenin.

Also, I am trying to mother their Auntie RCB8 :wink: and am discovering that my porch-light is too weak to maintain veg & the plant’s caught between re-veg & bloom. :unamused:

Yours look fine & the previous replies are spot on. :thumbsup:

Allowing 2-4 hrs of dark might help slow them down too. :night_with_stars:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Sorry! They were from you @cannabissequoia ! Lol

4 Likes

Just hack them back, mine get regularly decapitated to keep them fitting in the small tent I house them in. It will help them bush out and give you more potential clones as well. I am brutal with mine, and the seem to bounce back fine. I also root prune them every once in a while if they are getting rootbound, but I hear those airpots mean this is not necessary. Also I feed mine flower nutrients with low nitrogen and a good amount of sargassum kelp to promote branching.

3 Likes

Ya I’m ruthless with moms too. Mine get full strength veg nutes (megacrop) and keep kicking along just fine. I also hack them back indiscriminately and they don’t mine at all. They’re under 4 compact fluorescent spiral bulbs which they just love.

Since I’ve switched to coco I have some in tiny pots that are like 3" cubed and I can’t believe how happy they’ve been the whole time. I have to hack them every week or so they just keep growing.

6 Likes