Some plants are slow to start

Good luck

1 Like

Fat Bastard Auto flower
Using jacks 12/4/16 pinch of Epsom salt
RO water
EC .6 - .8 | PH range 5.8 - 6.2
600 watts LED
5 plants are drinking about 3 gallons a day.

Think about using jacks Bloom for a week. They seem happy so, I’m reluctant.

Need a taller tent. Ill have to acquire topping and canopy forming skills. LOL
I took a picture of the reservoir setup. 13.5 gallon. I did think about getting Flexi 26g.

4 Likes

8 weeks tomorrow. These are auto’s i thought they weren’t supposed to get this big. no more for light to go up.

6 Likes

Lookin great : )

Getting huge in there lol

1 Like

7 weeks old on Thursday not 8. Hard to believe the main stalks are as big as my thumb and I have fairly large hands.

1 Like

Thanks @Ifish I ordered a taller tent and one that has access to both sides. There is no room in there for a 300# er with knee replacements.

2 Likes

Octopots are amazing. Week 7

7 Likes

Here is week 8.
lights @760 w | EC 700 - 900 | PH ranging 6.2 - 6.4 @ the octopot.
Still Using only jacks 12/4/16 pinch of Epsom salt | RO water.
Using about 10g every 2 to 2.5 days.
Upgrading to a 26 gallon vs (13g now) reservoir next grow since using only Jack RO blend & Epsom
Not sure why the 3 on the left side and 2 on the right side seem different. They are the same seeds. No complaints. Thanks for the advice @organicallychalenged That will be a good start useful on my next grow.

6 Likes

Differences In plants from the same seeds is pretty normal. Until you get to IBLs you will see different genes showing through from the crosses. I didn’t see what you were growing but alot of these seed producers aren’t doing a whole lot of stabilization before putting their "brand " on the market.

I bought these from Blimburn. Fat bastard strain Auto. Cross, Goldmember & Monkey Spunk

Looks great Octopots as you see really make a difference

The more you use them the easier it gets

Paps

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

I’m very happy with the Octopot experience. They make growing a bit easier and very rewarding. I’ll do LST training, defoliate and other canopy control on the next. This time around I could not get myself to do it, they are just to beautiful. I see this as fulltime retirement gardening in the near future. Anyone growing CBD producers?
The amount of information available on this forum is invaluable. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Octo Trees. Looking better every day.

8 Likes

Hello Octopot Fan! I was reading the posts on this thread and have a question for you?

How long did it take for the seeds to get started? I mean how long until they hit the reservoir and started to really grow?

Thank you

1 Like

All germinated in less than 24 hours. In Organi plugs about 7 days then moved to Octo’s. They grew so fast, wasn’t sure what to do and when. LOL. PH 5.9 - 6.3 range in reservoir.
Before transplanting to Octo’s mixed up 1/2 gallon of jack’s clone and slowly poured in the hole for the plug. leaving a little for the plug. look above at week 4. They were taking off nicely.
I started thinking of using Loutus nut’s. Last min went with Jack’s because of so much good feedback and it looked simple to use.
Jack’s RO water mix 12/4/16 with epsom salt. This is all that was used. Until now, started 7/15/30 Finish 2 days ago until deciding to flush. Definitely easy.
Fill indicator hasn’t been much over 2 lines and started out way less than 1 almost dry. you don’t want to the water wicking into the bag much until roots actually hit res than 1 line until there are more white roots than 2 plus lines. Haven’t went to 3 lines and doing well.
Will do next grow with grooming the forest in mind. Glad to have a Sawzall when its time.
Wonder if using sungro #4 with silicone {think they call it Resilience} had anything to do with giant the stocks!

Day 64

4 Likes

Thank you very much!! Whatever you are doing it is most definitely working!!!

Ever tried Autos?

I’m fascinated by the Octopot.

2 Likes

Bought seeds from blimburn. These are Fat Bastard Auto’s. I didn’t think auto’s could grow like this. The octopots proved they can. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ohhh so you have done a run with autos and the Octopots? Thats very cool!

Run into any issues? PH or other wise?

1 Like

PH is easy to manage. Feed from a reservoir and mix 10 to 12 gallons at a time. I watch the PH in the individual plant reservoir’s and adjust the feed accordingly. Since mid/late veg the individual reservoirs, PH was creeping up. I starting to lower feed PH in the feed water which ranges naturally 5.3 - 5.5. after nut mix. That strategy the plant res’s range 6.2 - 6.5.
Only other issue was not practicing LST, defoliation and other canopy growth management technics. I will on the next grow. Next up Blackberry Moonrocks Auto’s.

Take Care

3 Likes