No-Till & Organics Q&A's

That makes sense, but I plan to use it once a week, so making a big batch would save a lot of labor. Since I posted this question, I found someone on another forum who says he freezes the pulp from the blender in an ice cube tray. I think I will give that a try.

5 Likes

Clackamass Coots says you want to use SST immediately or freeze it. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Listen to that guy. He is the real deal!

4 Likes

Hi all!
I do want to put some pots at my parents and that requires no teas or fancy stuff.

Any recipe with just pure water and dried amendments added to the top periodically?

Thank you all

4 Likes

Sounds like a good work around, it’s what I do with kelp seaweed I collect, wash, blend and freeze in ice cube trays.

3 Likes

Look in this thread for some ideas.

3 Likes

compost the world you dirty bastards

1 Like

So im thinking about playing with a little no-till. By that I mean I already planted 3 cherry wine cbd into a 36" x 20" container and am about to order some cover crop seeds to sprinkle around them.

Does this look like an ok mix to use? Any better blends?

3 Likes

Yeah that cover crop looks okay. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Oh, I was going to include white yarrow too

Hey all,
I transplanted really rootbound plants in solo cups into my no till 20 gal pots. They were being fed Texas tomato food while in the cups which is kind of a synganic fert.

They looked pretty light green after transplanting, I started using a sprayer to keep the top soil layer moist and seems like they’re slowly looking better. The first week after transplanting they looked pretty rough, now looking a bit better. I want to flip to 12/12 soon but want to get them quite a bit darker. I don’t want to add any liquid salt fert to these beds, but I need kind of a quick N fix. Any no till remedies for a quick N green up? I gave them a top dress of barley when I watered yesterday, was thinking a top dress of crab meal and/or alfalfa meal. But thats probably 2 weeks til I see anything dramatic happening after I’d topdress. Is the solution just making a tea from the alfalfa and crab meal?

Could they be low on iron? Is the yellow at the bottom or on new growth?

1 Like

They could be…is it common for iron to get depleted in no till beds? I added minerals back in when I topdressed. It was the BAS modern mineral mix.

Here’s what they looked like after about a week:

3 Likes

It doesn’t look like nitrogen to me, but I’m inexperienced at no till. Whats your ph?

What are your temps like? Is the soil cold?

I water at about 6.5.

I have a space heater in there that keeps the room at about 80. Pots sit on the ground so they likely run a few degrees cooler.

2 Likes

When you guys use cover crop, how do you top dress dry amendments?

1 Like

I mulch w the cover crop, top dress then use my fingers to lightly incorporate

1 Like

I think I’m just going to try to *mulch with, well, mulch lol

I think this way I’ll personally have an easier time mixing it in where I’ll just push the mulch aside, mix, then push it back.
Cover crop would be nice tho, I just think I would destroy it trying to mix the dry amendments in.

2 Likes