No-Till & Organics Q&A's

Yes I do :wink:

3 Likes

I wish I lived that near to the ocean…I have a large lake.

2 Likes

Lake silt is very good, all leaf litter broken down in the water around the edges.

3 Likes

Silt is top soil that has washed into the lake. That’s great thinking shadey. I bet you could mix it in and have a great addition of micros and macros. It doesn’t always smell that great though.

2 Likes

There is some good info on Sebrings grow thread, about setting up layers of lake or river silt, gravel, clay and top soil in a pot.

3 Likes

Kelp is the ultimate go-to amendment but I have done well composting water weeds from lakes.
I compost them with last years leaves (carbon source) and add kitchen waste (I love egg shells, banana peels, coffee grounds). Friggen trees send roots up into my piles so they love it! The flowers do too. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Here is a link to some info.

Also on Sebrings thread from post 1357 on wards, there is a bit more.

6 Likes

Thanks shadey!!!

2 Likes

Yes if it’s Stinky it needs to be oxygenated to boost the aerobic bacteria, once it stops stinking it’s good to use.

4 Likes

I’m thinking about making seed sprout tea (SST) at home instead of buying commercial enzyme products. I don’t plan on fermenting it.

When I make a batch, can the extra be kept in a refrigerator? If so, how long will it keep?

2 Likes

I am not 100% sure, but I would say just doing enough and keeping it fresh would be better than trying to store it.

4 Likes

That makes sense, but I plan to use it once a week, so making a big batch would save a lot of labor. Since I posted this question, I found someone on another forum who says he freezes the pulp from the blender in an ice cube tray. I think I will give that a try.

5 Likes

Clackamass Coots says you want to use SST immediately or freeze it. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Listen to that guy. He is the real deal!

4 Likes

Hi all!
I do want to put some pots at my parents and that requires no teas or fancy stuff.

Any recipe with just pure water and dried amendments added to the top periodically?

Thank you all

4 Likes

Sounds like a good work around, it’s what I do with kelp seaweed I collect, wash, blend and freeze in ice cube trays.

3 Likes

Look in this thread for some ideas.

3 Likes

compost the world you dirty bastards

1 Like

So im thinking about playing with a little no-till. By that I mean I already planted 3 cherry wine cbd into a 36" x 20" container and am about to order some cover crop seeds to sprinkle around them.

Does this look like an ok mix to use? Any better blends?

3 Likes

Yeah that cover crop looks okay. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes