No-Till & Organics Q&A's

Sorry, I thought you fermented it. I guess I confused it with something else you fermented.

4 Likes

@ReikoX, the soil recipe you posted in March, which you said is water only, are you actually just giving water or ar you giving your teas as well?

3 Likes

No worries. Clackamass Coots tells a story of ruining a crop by letting the barley brew too long. His explanation was that it fermented to vinigar, a known herbicide.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s a pretty good conversion guide that a former member posted. They deleted their account so I cant give credit though

Edit: well I just realized it doesnā€™t have a measure for cu ftā€¦ oops. A gallon is roughly 1/8 of a cubic foot. (0.134 is the exact measure, 1/8=0.125)

2 Likes

6 Likes

Iā€™m testing this theory buy sprouting some barley and bubbling for 12-24 I have some damn weeds to knock down!

6 Likes

NIce! Please report back with results if you get a chance!

1 Like

I would just use vinigar. Foliar spray the weeds, they should die. But itā€™s a fun experiment anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Q: Do you hand water? Blumats, or irrigation system? If you feel like it show off your water set up in photos or videos.

1 Like

I also recommend checking out Embracing Organics: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTOLFB84TmZDvhv2Tf-lbow

Come hang out and smoke one in chat. Listen to the gang.

1 Like

Hand water with a Chapin 1949 sprayer.

4 Likes

Hi reikox , do you use that one also for the compost tea? (If any)
Thank you very much

2 Likes

Yeah, I use it for all my teas and waterings. Only thing I dont put in it is salt based fertilizers.

4 Likes

Yeah I love using my sprayer! It gets a good even spread, and at a nice pace. Not to mention the hard to reach spots.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone hereā€¦There has been some useful info I have gathered from you guys on No-Tillā€¦I appreciate it!!

K.

2 Likes

Subscribed thanks for sharing @miyagi Iā€™ve listened to dirtman Dan on other vids but didnā€™t realize he had his own program.

2 Likes

Well gave the homemade malted barley extended bubbling a try for an effective herbicide and it did NOT kill any weeds at my place may have went to long on the germ who knows may try with a commercial malted barley at some time in the future.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually good news IMO. Just shows that we can bubble longer than four hours.

4 Likes

@ReikoX Well that was homemade malting and I donā€™t consider myself a professional maltster by any means lol I just may have missed the peak enzyme activity by arresting any further germination thatā€™s all I should have some malt lying around somewhere where Iā€™ll try the professional stuff ! Haha

3 Likes

Q:What are your IPM practices? How do you tame White fly infestations?