Northern Lights 5 preservation run

Just looked up cherry queen, wow :star_struck: yea that would be good strains to cross stuff too lol. The pics of bodhi cherry queen has me drooling.

Wow, that hashplant looks beautifully cultivated!

8 Likes

Thank you. This really explains a lot. My buddy who got his NL5 cut in Chico/Paradise area back in 1984 also got an Afghani and a Hawaiian at the same time from the same people. The Afghani never liked being indoors so it has since been lost but he still has the other two.

11 Likes

Hmmmmm🤔 I have the cherry queen well a partial pack anyway was thinking of doing a f2 with them at some point but this does sound like something epic

10 Likes

Yeah I’m still on the fence about buying a pack of it. Kinda just been hoping someone would give out some F2’s here :rofl: I do have a pack of @Comacus Mandana(CQxX18) that I’m planning to run before too long here. Take that to Sebrings Maui Waui :heart_eyes: :drooling_face:

10 Likes

One thing is for sure when I do get into the cherry queen some kind of seeds will be made for sure and mister :honeybee: has first dibs since he gave me the cherry queen in one of his charity sprees :smirk: but they are definitely at the very top of the bodhi list to run them and space monkey will probably run together

Edit: I totally forgot to go back to Sebrings before the maui wowie was gone :unamused: some one get me some pollen and I’ll make the cross

7 Likes

Still got time bro :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah I’ll have to set an alarm would really like to see if I can just score some pollen would make it much easier on me then having to run through more plants I think I would be more likely to f2 the cherry queen that way as well just pollinate a clone with the maui

Having so little space and so many ideas is a real hinderance lol if I had to search through maui as well idk how exactly I would proceed to many different options and so many people will have a different opinion lol

I do definitely want some Maui pollen though I would definitely make some cool old school crosses with it just don’t want to tie up all my space on projects

I’m also a fan of selective pollination I know open pollination is better for the whole but for my personal use I would rather go down one avenue then have to run through a bunch of plants Everytime I’m looking for that particular pheno that said I think I only got 5 cherry queen seeds so my F2 would definitely not be as diverse as a typical preservation run

Edit: someone please buy the rest of the damn ghost town so I can do the preservation run on these moTR sent this pack to me almost a year ago and they have been burning a hole in my pocket and now that I got the ghost clone I could do a little backcross as well at the same time :hushed::hushed::hushed:

7 Likes

Only issue with the current Maui release is… they’re fem beans. So gonna have to use STS to get the pollen and make more fems, or use a male CQ. Unless @Sebring has some spare pollen he would part with? Definitely need the Maui as the donor and not the mom to keep with the spirit of NL I think…

I hear ya on the rest. Doing selective breeding for myself too and the plant limit is a massive pain. Have Goji’s I’m gonna have to chop just to stay in the limit. If I was to dedicate a run I might do open pollination but selective just makes more sense to me. I’d rather work the line than keep it open with no real direction.

5 Likes

Exactly pheno searching is cool if you have the time and space I would love to have a football field sized greenhouse it would be the most diverse grow ever but most people want something stable or that atleast resembles the pack discription it really makes me happy to see people like tony green trying to lock stuff down again

You might not find the new elite in an IBL but chances are you won’t find hermie shwagg either

10 Likes

I bet some starlite x maui wowie would be pretty damn good too what do you think @anon5325009

1 Like

It will probably reactivate the Haze/sativa in StarLite making it a super long flowering cross again.

5 Likes

Spittin’ bars this one is! I love how we all go through these mental gymnastics but it’s so nice to have the luxury of the expertise here on OG.

“What? Wanna run a pairing of old school Mexican sativa and a Christmas tree coated in future-hash?!” Yeah, why not! Two or three other people chime in and you now have a really good idea of what to expect.

Sorry for the aborted thread-Jack. I just love what we have here.

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

5 Likes

Pollen always makes things easier lol I still got this triple P pollen I’m gonna put on a clone of the NL1BX this round I got 4 or 5 of them rooted up so I may do multiple things with them as well HP/NL another classic combo lol

4 Likes

Please F2 the CQ and cross with MW! I’d like both too :stuck_out_tongue:. I’ll gladly donate the MWCB seeds for the run, once I get mine.
Man, I’m realizing I need at least two more tents/spaces for breeding and a mother chamber. Could just use one and have a separate section for blooming clones of males for pollen collection

8 Likes

Lol, welcome to the club @seamonkey84. All of us need about 10 more tents and the finances to not need to work a regular job!
A little prediction for the future, if/when I get to retire, can you just imagine how many seeds I’ll be able to make and give away then?!?!

25 Likes

I wish you would have told me that yesterday :rofl:
Do you want half a pack?

7 Likes

I’ll figure it out lol but I do appreciate the kindness

5 Likes

I think he is going to reload the site at some point, check out his thread for info. Seriously though, I got a fat pack, so if you want some, they’re yours. If you change your mind, you know how to get ahold of me. :wink:

10 Likes

Peace @ubcchemo Just sending some good vibes Ur way. Haven’t seen U post in awhile and just wanted to shout U out. I trust Ur getting thru and keeping Ur head up. Stay safe be well and grow hard :fist:t6:
Peace

12 Likes

edit, i put my name on the list and also removed MOTR from distributor. I think Sebring is doing it now, and motr is awol and should be off all lists for a while.

4 Likes