Northern Lights 5 preservation run

not to be a stickler but Trust Level “basic” is trust level one, not TL2. It doesn’t take much to reach TL2, but I thought you had to be at least TL2 to be in a seed run

4 Likes

You are right, I missread his level. sorry.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

So do I need to remove it, till I reach the right level ?

4 Likes

My error, I got you to jump the gun a little.
You have started a grow log, you will be TL 2 soon. (we are stoners, not cops :joy:)

Cheers
G

13 Likes

it doesnt take much to reach TL2, I just wanted to clarify for my own purposes lol, I am sure you will be there shortly, no need to edit - have fun!

5 Likes

Yeah, thanks. I just figured out how to check my level, and it turns out I just reached it in the last hour or so. Thanks for the info.

13 Likes

Awesome! glad to have you aboard

6 Likes

Hey …Thanks Showme…
Gotta take a read of that one…
Much appreciated…

3 Likes

Kudo’s, Bro…that’s what OG is all about…ready and willing to help, without agenda. My kinda person. Stay safe.

4 Likes

@MrToast I have only ever encountered this trait once before and it came and went. The article above explains it very well. Room is not an issue right now so I’m gonna grow it out and see. @Heritagefarms is very well versed in this genetic stuff maybe he could chime in.

7 Likes

Thx again…UBC

I’m always up for a good genetics chat, although my use from university was “some years ago”…

As far as I know polyploid is a trait that you cannot breed, but rather is a mutation of an individual plant and its response to stress…

Anyone please feel free to chime in and correct me if I’m wrong…Although I have read a number of articles on the trait, I have not yet read the polyploid article…so might be some information I have not yet seen…:flushed:

7 Likes

As I understand a poly can not be out crossed however an in cross may be possible. Whether the trait could be passed on through conventional breeding is beyond my knowledge. Either way I am going to save some clones. It would be great if the potency did increase but the way I read it breeding it would have a low chance of success
One final point, chemo was successfully crossed. I have never grown any seeds out because I had/have the cut. The mutation does not always present it self in that cut.
Cheers

7 Likes

Is there a Thread (that you know of) on this website listing identified dominant and recessive cannabis traits?
If not…I think I’ll start one as it’ll be very valuable to those breeding

13 Likes

Fire away my freind.

3 Likes

So…for those looking to tinker with Polyploid’s…It’s the Autumn Crocus you’re looking for…I bought seeds online somewhere but cant find them:(

***Just be careful as they are apparently toxic…

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/pharmacology-toxicology-and-pharmaceutical-science/colchicum

5 Likes

Made with colchicine seeds shouldn’t be used till next generation

9 Likes

I think I will get into this race if possible. Great preservation work and great work. I am not very clear to whom to send the message with my address. I am in Spain. Peace to everyone

4 Likes

You would send @Gaz29 a private message with your details for the EU:

8 Likes

Update, group b only had 3 survivors, I messed up some where so that’s what I have to work with is a total of 11 plants so far.

9 Likes

Nice looking plants ub. I’m new here but I did add my name to the list (and probably in the wrong place), but if I’m not eligible to receive beans yet that’s cool I understand, I’ll work my way up and earn respect like everyone else.
I’ve got 7 seedlings started that are supposed to be NL5’s (from an older buddy). They are very Indica looking, 7 of 8 popped and are around 2 weeks old. I’ll try to get a journal on them started tomorrow.

12 Likes