Northern Lights 5 preservation run

Those look gorgeous!

4 Likes

Beautiful. One of my favorites.

4 Likes

Looking nice and healthy I hope you have better luck this time around.

5 Likes

Just a couple more pics of the NL5s. 10 more days of veg and then its show time.

37 Likes

I think this is the first time Iā€™ve eagerly awaited someone elseā€™s plants to start bloomā€‹:laughing:. Well at least when I know Iā€™m never going to get the flowers from that :grin:.

7 Likes

Beautiful my friend.

7 Likes

You will end up with some beans though.

6 Likes

Is that la ladybug I see :laughing:?!? Nice lol

3 Likes

Group shot in the home stretch of veg. Iā€™m going back to hortilux lights for the flowering of the next batch.
Cheers

24 Likes

Really wish I saved my 89 NL#5 Noof x BCSC NL #5 but I did hit her with some Sakura pollen.

Still need to run NL#2 x ā€˜88G13/HP and ā€˜89NL#5 Noof x Snow Lotus by Bodhi & Coastalā€™s ā€˜88G13/HP x NL #1

The 89NL#5 noof x BCSC NL#5 was like forest floor and like black pepper garlic hash. Super special. Kicking myself for not passing out more cuts to people that probably wouldā€™ve saved.

Hope yā€™all are well. Canā€™t wait to see how these turn out. If any more are available would like to jump on in!

Best
Swampy

12 Likes

This is almost exactly what the stem rub on the male I kept of NL5Haze x SensiStar. Itā€™s like a black pepper teriyaki-ish asian seasoning type smell Only 19 days into flower so not sure on the smells from the girls yet but should know soon.

Sorry to hear you lost your cuts, hopefully you find something similar again ^^

ā€“

@ubcchemo these are looking perfect! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s still room, sign yourself up! Instructions to add your name to the list are in the first post. I believe you would be on the second list (members)

8 Likes

Thought this may be interesting to some:

Im not a Riot fan (donā€™t care much either way) but an interview with Seattle Greg I thought would be good.

Some interesting stuff in there. Not super compelling, but NL info straight from the horses mouth at least!

5 Likes

huh, this is real interestingā€¦
So NL is originally an afghani. Greg took the Afghani and crossed it to all kinds of stuff to make the various #'s but he didnā€™t do them all himself either.

None of these are in the correct breeding order as know one knows what order it was originally :angry:
It seems Greg had a hand in the first two, but did not have anything to do with the NL5.

NL1 = (Gregā€™s) Afghani x (likely) Mazaar I Shariff from Neville
NL2 = (Gregā€™s) Afghani x Afghani Hybrid from ā€˜The Indianā€™
And then this is where it gets really cloudyā€¦
NL5 = (Gregā€™s) Afghani x Afghani Hybrid(hawaii/thai, only ā€˜Steveā€™ knows) and then iā€™m unsure from here. The way he speaks it sounds like heā€™s saying that they had that and then crossed it to NL2 to make the actual NL5 that got released, but he could mean they had NL5 that was the released version and Steve crossed it to NL2 later.

9 Likes

seedfinders a wonderful thing if you donā€™t know the lineage on these strains.
Seedfinder.eu check the web

4 Likes

Right, just these NLā€™s are real shady. Most of this we already knew but itā€™s nice hearing it from the source as a 100% fact of what happenedā€¦ or at least about as close to the source as we can get unless Steve is still around somewhere and wants to chime in.

From looking at other things, like seedfinder and coming back to this, I do think he meant they had the hybrid crossed back to the afghani, and then crossed it to NL2 to make the real NL5 that got released.

2 Likes

the nlā€™s arenā€™t shady its the fact lots dont know what theyā€™re talking about.

New people are growing and talking to other new growers who donā€™t know and
have heard a version they put in stone.
This is how stories are made and truths get lost.
You need to really watch who youā€™re talking to some just like to hear themselves talk.

6 Likes

For sure, itā€™s definitely like that on most this stuff. Iā€™ve been following the NL history for years though and just from looking at skunkman samā€™s posts and nevilleā€™s posts both on ICMAG and elsewhere, it gets convoluted real fast on what came from who, when, and where. Much less what exactly is in them.

Weā€™ve had the general statement of what they are, like whatā€™s on seedfinder, but even that is very sparse. Like OK itā€™s an agfhani or indica cross, thereā€™s a billion of those. Now we KNOW part of NL2 is Mazaar I Shariff. And we KNOW the original afghani that is the basis of NL came from a solder that was stationed in Afghanistan, can likely narrow that down to the exact area he got it from. Neville and Sam never mentioned any of that. Ever. Not that I can find anywhere at least.

After growing some blueberry crosses, seeing a bunch of thaiā€™s grown out, and looking at my own NL5 hybrids, I do think the hybrid was a Thai plant. I know thatā€™s what the general consensus is too, but even now with this interview we still donā€™t have a 100% either way.

7 Likes

NL#1 = Steve Murphy Afghani x Nevilā€™s Mazar I Sharif
NL#2 = NL#1 x Donā€™s aka ā€œThe Indianā€ Afghan. Nevil later crossed NL#2 with Jim Ortegas Kush 4 and sold it as his NL#2 line.
Original #5 clone = Herbies Afghani x Hawaiian
NL#5 from seed = Original #5 clone x NL#1, which is where Nevil found is NL#5 cut.

US #5 clone is not the same as Nevilā€™s NL#5.

11 Likes

Yeah there we go. But again, the #5 is shady af. US#5 vs Nevilleā€™s #5ā€¦ then thereā€™s this clone x nl2 to make NL5 talk in the interviewā€¦

5 Likes