Not blowing smoke

Is holding smoke in the lungs an artifact of scarcity? Is something about a deep long breath conducive to a better, faster, stronger high? Or can I just take a second short hit.
Is it about puff, puff, pass and not holding up the circle?

9 Likes

I get higher holding it longer… could be the lack of oxygen though

11 Likes

Sometimes when I’m not really getting high it’s cause I inhale and exhale to quick I blame the cigarette’s lol

3 Likes

I don’t like smoking with people who get the cherry all hot chain hitting it
I had a cousin who gave away many a blunt to people who would make them burn hot or run he would just roll himself another one :joy:

5 Likes

I use a vaper and they recommend short hits instead of long ones … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

I also noticed I get higher if I dont have a cigarette after

1 Like

Yeah, I heard that. But I can’t imagine the cloud in the air is as effective as the one in my lungs. Also, vaping doesn’t usually get me the ride I want.

2 Likes

I inhale deep inside, but not a great quantity, I think that’s the point, never cough again … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Mix and match…
Vape AND edibles… :+1: :sunglasses:
(they stack)

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I smoke joints like a cigarette. I’m not 14 anymore, I don’t need to conserve it like it’s a precious rare thing. Who takes the time to corner bowls anymore I’ll just roll a joint for everyone.

5 Likes

I write the strain on the crutch end of my joints so when I find them the next day I know what they are. Loose unidentified buds go in the slop jar for edibles.

This is year-old herm:

If growing up means I have to chain smoke joints I’m gonna stay 14. Taking a tolerance break this week. My lungs, throat and canabinoid receptors are precious and rare.

6 Likes

Iv heard several sources that holding it doesn’t have much more effect than just quick hits I do get a longer and more intense stone when I smoke through my bubbler as opposed to the vape device but looking to upgrade that here shortly maybe the crafty or crafty plus is on my radar screen.

3 Likes

The Magic Flight Launch Box instructions suggest it’s not the size if the hit, but how deeply you inhale. Apparently a deep inhale after the hit gets it deeper into the lungs and into more bronchials.

6 Likes

In my 20s, it was sprints between hits. :joy:

In my 60s, sit between hits. :chair:

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

I have a roor Carbon filter on my bubbler
now , it’s a great job , couldn’t hit it without : )
I must try the carbon filters for joints … Anyone use them ???
A good internet buddy swears by them , I must get him to fire me a couple to try ,when we trade again soon
: )

3 Likes

Totally new concept for me, @ifish. I am very curious. I only recently started using a bong (again) and there is this back of the throat irritation that invariably hits an hour or so after I do.

2 Likes

Ive heard that holding it in gets you a little more stoned but not a lot because it saturates the blood in the lungs very quickly but you cant get more blood into the lungs fast until you breath as it relies on the chest moving to help the blood pump. But the trade off needs to be evaluated. The longer you hold it the more pollutants from the smoke will also settle on your lungs.

1 Like

@AllOra go for it you will not be disappointed , it’s like night and day the difference is huge , yet the sledge hammer hit still there , you can take as big a rip as you like and not cough and it keeps the bong cleaner too : )
Hitting my bubbler without is just rough n dirty , yuk
The Roor piece is a good shape as the crease below the glass ball is easy to jam a gause into etc
I also use a herbiron , it works well with it too , if you’ve got the doe , as no butane gases from lighter and if you hover it just above the bowl , the first part is vapor then in mid flow you torch the bowl , win win
If I was to use a lighter I can now taste the burnt butane , can’t be good for you
: )

1 Like

I would think the more time your aveoli and blood have to interact with the smoke/vapor the better. I try to hold for at least a few seconds before exhale.

On a semi related note, I can definitely recommend the Pulsar Flow portable dry herb vape for anyone interested and on a budget, btw.

1 Like

debunked, exchange of gases inside lungs happens in microseconds (edit, 2-3 seconds), holding it in only deprives you from oxygen, and doing that repeatedly can get you a buzz, but it kill your brain also…

edit: i just have to share this:

anyway, there is something called “Cannabis users harm reduction handbook” found here:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?rep=rep1&type=pdf&doi=10.1.1.202.4159

which says same, but im sure there was some scientific paper about gas exchange somewhere, just cant find it…

1 Like