Not my plant, what is wrong with this plant?

Anyone know what is wrong with this plant? A buddy from Facebook asked me and honestly im not sure, looks like its lacking Iron or Nute lockout but im so new to growing that i dont feel comfortable sayin for sure.

Preformatted text

3 Likes

He is just as new As I am, tho i dont think he has ever grown other plants either, I do not know what his lights are, or what nutes, or the ph of his water, anyone got a guess?

@Mr.Sparkle @JustANobody @joheimgrohen @Icon

1 Like

I would like to say it is a case of nute lockout. But it is hard to say that with confidence since we do not have any info as far as ph and TDS.

3 Likes

His response with more Info:

“HF 2/3 and OF 1/3. No nutes as of yet. But have fox farm are available. Viparspectra P2500. 50% at 18 inches currently. Was wanting to go up but wanted to see what this is first as today is day 16. I didn’t check water PH due to the whole house filter system. But will be watering tomorrow and can check water PH to confirm but I know 0 TDS as I have tested that”

The leaf in your first picture looks different from the other leaves, just pinch it off. But I agree with @darkillusion you have a nutrient issue and if you are not checking the pH, it’s a crap shoot. It looks like soil, so you want your pH 6 - 6.5. Make sure to use cal/mag when watering or using nutes. A pH pen is a must or pH test strips work too. Good luck.

4 Likes

Its Happy frog and Ocean forest HF 2/3 and OF 1/3, No nutes as of yet.

2 Likes

I am going to make a guess and say it will be a issue with pH. But again it is just a guess.

8 Likes

that was my guess to, but I wanted to come ask the masters here first.

1 Like

Judging from how bone dry that top soil looks I’d give a bit more water, like a liter or so, PH doesn’t matter so much with good soil. I often give my plants PH 7,5 water and they’re fine.

Nutes are also unnecessary, just sow beans for nitrogen.

4 Likes

Take a look at one of these, they work well and can be ordered off of Amazon. I have the previous model for two years and works well. Whichever way you go, be sure to pH your runoff to rule out soil issues.

2 Likes

well i dont think he plans to go organic, like i said not my plant lol

i’d also look at a little water and see if it perks up in a couple of hours afterwards. maybe temps too high along with it.

1 Like

Looking at the growth medium it looks like theres a lot of unbroken down bits of wood chip. That would certainly affect nutrient intake. It doesnt look the nicest place for roots to grow imo.

1 Like

He said the pH is 7 for his tap water

I recall reading folks finding that since covid these brands are a hit and miss with burning your seedlings or outright having bad mixes.

As everyone has chimed in, getting your growmie to check their PH will really help with figuring out the underlying problem before it escalates further.

Best of success to your buddy @Ace71975 !

6 Likes

he watered with pH 6.5 water today, someone told him to do Drain to waste in SOIL, isnt that only with Inert Media like Coco or peat?

There should be adequate nutrients for the size, the dark green indicates that. Looks to be ph issue imo as well.

1 Like

Looks like early lockout. Too much nitrogen. Could also be PH related. In my opinion. I just had a plant look like this and was fixed with a flush. I’m in DWC though.