Nova Scotian Outdoor

They are some healthy looking plants there. Well done and welcome.

1 Like

5 Likes

Hot damn those are some outdoor monsters! I’d love to be able to grow a few of those. When do you usually put them out? I like to wait until after June 1 here in Ontario

2 Likes

November 1st! Wow I’d be to scared to take that risk.

1 Like

I used to start hardening them off in pots as early as possible, say early may or earlier… Now I don’t worry so much, I have access to as many seeds and clones as I want, so I am for mid June… The solstice is a good time if you’re starting stuff indoors, because if you veg them under 18-24 hr. light, then you put them outside, they will flip to flower, and you don’t want that to happen too long before the solstice, or you get re-veg situation… That being said, I’ve got seeds started in my garden right now, 11/12 popped up and they’re healthy, save for some tiny beetle that’s been picking at them. lol… Where in Ontario are you? Apparently Southern On. is the Prime location in Canada for outdoor growing.

3 Likes

Ya well it isn’t my normal approach, but I had some reasons… Last year was a fucking flop for me, got my plants ripped for the first time in 17 years… The only ones they left were in pots by my house, and they happened to be the R2s I seeded, so I wanted to make sure they went full term to produce mature seeds… Also wanted to see how much stress they could handle and what expressions would occur on a long season… They really purpled up with the cold.

3 Likes

Also, Thanks:) What you’re mostly looking at is 3 ICED Grapefruit plants, screened… yeilded around 1.5 lbs… maybe more idk. lol

1 Like

8 Likes

Great colour. What strain is that one @SeminoleSeeds?

1 Like

My own creation… I called it Blueberry Hill, because I grew some BB plants 7-8 years ago and they all had purple pistils like this… I made seeds at the time, but I really have no idea if this purple expression is from the BB or just a coincidence… I didn’t used to keep track, I’d just select healthy males and cross them to whatever. That being said, this is the progeny of something I called The Mutant… Same lineage as the monsters I posted first… this girl was only a foot tall. lol

4 Likes

Nice, a pretty little thing. Looks super healthy too.

1 Like

here’s an F3 from The Mutant showing the variegated expression I bred it for… And I know it looks like a deficiency, but this occurred 3 years in a row in about 1 of 20 seeds… at first I thought it was just a sick plant, but by the 3rd time it happened I decided to seed it… The seeds it produced were/are gun metal grey

4 Likes

Yeah right. You mentioned the gun metal grey seeds before. Very bizarre.

2 Likes

Ya I’m pretty South here and it’s nice but not the best I would say. Summer is often super hot with little rain yet somehow high humidity, fall is often rainy and humid rot is definitely an issue. I’d way rather be a bit further north as far as growing goes…not a huge difference in terms of daylight hours either

New Brunswick has some beautiful looking spots for weed as does NS and cape Breton Island! It’s my favorite part of the country for sure

2 Likes

Yup, rot is Always an issue here… Strain selection really matters in hurricane country… Need hearty, mold resistant, not too squat/dense (classic indica type) and early finish, if possible… I notice you’ve Island Sweet Skunk, I was just looking at a cross AK Bean Brains has and it sounds V. Nice!! If you’re looking to up your game as far as genetics go, check out JBC seeds… They’re in the states, and I think you need paypal to order, but there offerings are amazing, and no tampering going on with packs like I’ve heard with a lot of the canadian companies.

2 Likes

Thanks, and I agree… The buzz is kinda heady, some phenos last quite long… It wouldn’t stand out to most people, but it has family history/nostalgia to me… Super hearty and I’m hoping it will be a great tool for future breeding… The crosses I made with it def pass on it’s vigorous growth but allows other strains to shine through, at least with structure and crystal production… Flavour is what I’m working on more now… *side note: I haven’t been replying cause “i’m a new member” and they’ll only let me post so many times. lol

3 Likes

Changed my user name and the conversation stopped… Guess I was logged out for some reason, still figuring this site out… another joint will help I think;)

2 Likes