OG Cup Challenge Idea šŸ†

As long as itā€™s before midnight on the west coast, I think we will be good. Iā€™m getting confused with two threads though. Must be all this rosin.

2 Likes

your not the only one lol

1 Like

Looks like someone has taken the leadā€¦ WOOHOO!!!

1 Like

Itā€™s not so hard, one thread is to chit chat about the contest and the
other one for the updates, but donā€™t worry, iā€™ll keep it tidy. :wink:

is that allowed ? it says No roots can come out of the cup, no placing on top of other media.

1 Like

For now, yes. But we better put that in the cups soon, imho.

Air pruning technically is killing the roots before it can grow into anything and i donā€™t think a grate is media. I do think the competition is titled 16oz cup competition so think it should go in a cup sooner than later, in the spirit of fair competition.

Edit: Air pruning for a few weeks would hurt you in my opinion.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not happy about the lack of cup

1 Like

@Growinnblowin popular clamor has decided you need to put your plants in cup immediately please. All members are using cups so should you, thanks man. Please put them in a cup and change the picture of your entry, or add another picture with the rock on top of the cups my man, thanks.

I think you need to be more specific on the rules as to avoid misunderstandings.

1 Like

I thought it was pretty obvious my man. ā€œ16oz Cup Challengeā€ i mean, what more can you sayā€¦! I already asked our participant friend to rectify the situation, we donā€™t wanna start disqualifying people just like that, but @Growinnblowin will help us and get it right. I believe it.

Also, in order to respect the efforts of our fellow contestants, we are gonna move the deadline time to midnight on Sunday (9pm PST or 11:59 EST), to submit your entries, if you are one minute late, you will be disqualified. Letā€™s show some respect and fellowship to our participants, everyone is making an effort, little as it might be, so no posting entries late, thus disqualification.

3 Likes

I may get disqualified then, I donā€™t get to my garden until around 9pm PST. I think you need to chill with the deadlines at specific times, at least give us until 12 PST. This is supposed to be fun, not a job or responsibility.

2 Likes

Midnight your time then, yes. But not the next day. Like itā€™s happened twice or more. We need to respect each other and we all agreed on the rules, iā€™m not gonna chill. Rules have been established and unless someone makes a poll and the majority decides to change something they will be as they are. Period.

We can all agree that we are adults not children, so fun goes hand in hand with responsibility, Am i wrong?

• We should respect the guidelines
  • Everyone do as they please

0 voters

1 Like

rules
-Seedlings Only. Medium of your choice.
-Germination starts Sunday, October the 1st.
-Flowering has to start on Halloween, this doesnā€™t apply to autos, which can also participate.
-Updates to be submitted on Sunday by 11:59pm EST. Max 3 pics with progress remarks.
-No roots can come out of the cup, no placing on top of other media.

I have been involved in organizing and helping organize events and some sports competitions. you will find that no matter how specific rules can be, somethimes there can be grey areas. sometimes these gray areas are exploted to give a advantage. that is why you must me overly specific.

for example,
it doesnā€™t say anywhere about not being able to start in a rockwool cube and afterwords be transplanted. also, when i read ā€œno placing on top of other mediaā€ my interpretation is the cup is not to be placed on another medium. not that you canā€™t have 2 mediums in one cup. also, I interperate no roots coming out of the cup as not to be able to use another cup for a rez. ok, understood, but what happens if a root tip grows out of the cup? (which should happen) ok, so they air prune, but, it is still out of the cup. I am not knocking this thread in anyway, only that there is some wiggle room that needs to be eliminted.

3 Likes

I think you are right would you like to help? Send me a PM and weā€™ll edit the rules to the satisfaction of every participant, getting a draft going would be a good idea.

This is good, whatā€™s happening; so we learn and improve for the next cup!

I didnā€™t wanna put endless rules and specifics at the risk of sounding like a despotā€¦ LOL

2 Likes

Some rules are great like you need to finish it in a 16oz cup. But i dont see the point in having a deadline for updates or else youre done. I think that dude is just germing his seeds they arnt even big enough. Mad you even had them in rockwool before you planted in cups didnt you??

Its not my cup but i think You should allow an update per week. Give them from midnight sunday all the way around the week to midnight next sunday to post their weekly update. Also im sure if we had a rules like ā€œdont be a fuckboiā€ ā€œonly grow in 16oz cupā€ itd be much easierXD

4 Likes

How about this, make your update on Saturday or Sunday, according to your convenience. I had them on rock yes, but as soon as they showed cotyledons they went into the cups, just like you brother Lotus, on rapi-rooters! So, letā€™s just remember itā€™s supposed to gon on the cups.

EDIT and also, load as many pics as you want on your update,
after all thatā€™s what overgrow is all about, no maximum uploads!

1 Like

what do you think would happen if i topped my seedling about 2 inches above the soil? would it just die or continue to grow lol ā€¦ i should have used rockwell or something to germ to i could bury the stretch in the cup !

2 Likes

Itll die unless its got like 2 or 3 nodes. At that lowXD

4 Likes

alrighty ill get it changed over i thought i was aloud to air prune? my bad an ill try to keep up with the updates i dont really live in a ok state to live in for this an i stay pretty far from town an without internet so i thank you for your patience with me on that an its only in a 2" cube people its not like the grate is helping it all the roots will be in the cup when im ready to transfer it if im aloud to do it when i choose if not that is ok ill go with what the people say an air pruning should allow alot more fine roots creating more surface area of roots both filling the cup up more an letting me take advantage of my medium an allow for more uptake of nutrients

1 Like