OG Cup Challenge Idea 🏆

That is what i will need to do… Yes.

2 Likes

like do you mean they can poke out an die back as long as i dont sit it on top of another media

3 Likes

This will be my first, i guess so…

1 Like

ya i’m gonna make a solo cup smart pot :smiley:

4 Likes

lol no they will do that lol im asking if it is allowed as long as i dont sit it ontop of felt or anything right lol sorry for the confusion i just dont want to get into this thing then post a pic an be disqualified for me having a misunderstanding about something

3 Likes

As long as the roots stay in the cup all is good. Wick, SIP, external res, all good.

3 Likes

Winner winner!XD this will be my first hempy. Should i be getting nutes from a friend? Idek goodthing i got a week.

3 Likes

thank you reiko im sure ppl would have let me know whatsup but still wanted to make sure yall better be ready for the rockwool croutons in the 16 oz cup what what lol im looking forward to very friendly competition an some not so friendly competiton haha

4 Likes

an either way im sure we will all learn things about the different growing media etc from this so if anything knowledge will be gained which i think is gonna be the best thing but who dont like bragging rights for a lil bit either lol

3 Likes

The whole idea is to learn and compare. Not winning, but there will be a winner thought.

6 Likes

U guys are to funny I’ll be watching this thread closely!

3 Likes

It’s great you’re having a good time, kinda like the idea behind it all…

3 Likes

I used GH 3-part Lucas formula (8 ml micro, 16 ml bloom) on those. I’m going to try using ferments (fish, Canna, SON, etc) this time.

1 Like

Ooooh, we just might have the perfect media for a Solo Cup Challenge. Consider this our application to the race. October first seems like a good starting date if everyone has their ducks in a row already. Time a bit too limited for anyone to put in new orders.

Is there a written in stone end-date? There’s 13 weeks from the first until New year’s, another 13 until April. Another 13 would land us right around 710 (if anyone actually celebrates it) and then back to the end of summer for a fourth cup each year. What do you all think?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me! Let’s do this little cup first and then the big one with clones and all the masters at work…

1 Like

well i’m out no beans to compete sorry maybe next time

2 Likes

Well I will have to decline, firstly im not ready to start on sunday, secondly I wouldnt waste a been by limitting it to grow in a cup. Thats just a waste 16oz cup rofl, I thought you were joking but obviously not. Hahahahaha

Count me out, I grow in water lots of, or minimum 15 litre containers for a growth medium to go in not 16oz cups :joy:

3 Likes

Im only doing it to try a hempy. But the more i think about it the worse it sounds. Maybe we should start a gallon challenge or something!

3 Likes

@lotus710 is on to something here… It does seem like a waste of a perfectly good seed, but the experience…? I’m down to give it a go. The gallon challenge sounds cool too. Maybe the guidelines can be stricter than this one?

3 Likes

Sorry guys, rules have been established and might change or be tweaked before Oct 1st, but not like that. 16oz cup is a challenge, i’m not scared to fail. And most likely will but you never know.

Thanks man.

3 Likes