Ok guys...., good, bad, ugly.....LED

Ok, on a whim, I just ordered this LED set up. going to be using it in the veg chamber only, instead of the MH. Thoughts? Moving the MH over to the grow flower chamber, so that gives me 2 400w HPS and 2 400w MH over there.

1 Like

Congradulations. You just bought a step down from mars hydroXD as if mars wasnt bad enough. But they do have cree lights out now. Viparspectra is just another name for mars, platinum, epishine, blackdog, etc. But they arnt smart. People are paying 500 bucks for lights like that and they dont have a clueXD you could of spent that 90 bucks of some cheap china cobs cheap china drivers etc. And got 4 times the coverage atleast. Along with brighter light. Your own spectrum. And the knowledge of how to fix and build led grow lights for if you want to rip people off like a douche you can just like any of the names aboveXD (dont actually be a doucheXD)

1 Like

Well, sounds like another product that will kill my plants, and send me straight to hell! :slight_smile: Count me in, and Ill be sure to post pics, of either them living, or dieing…either way should be fun :slight_smile: I do however suspect, that they will be able to veg my plants for a week :wink:

2 Likes

Oh youll def get a grow or two out of em. Cant say the spread, life, or actual wattage is anygood thoughXD that old led chip technology is outdated.

1 Like

Well ,they way I see it, I just got a 400w hps/mh for my flower chamber for cheap…LOL it was that, or got o walmart and get two LED shop lights at 40 bucks a whack…which, works surprisingly well, I have them over the garden stuff right now, and they seem to like that…lol

1 Like

And, cut me some slack…I am just getting weened of that nasty miracle gro :slight_smile:

@lotus710 from what I am reading, once you go blurple, you dont go back…LMAO Looks like to me, about 2-3 years ago, blurple was the shit to grow with. Never knew that?? Anyways, looks like it has been surpassed, as is usual with technoligies…but the great thing is, just because its been left behind, sure doesnt mean it wont work, and work pretty well. Though, proof in da puddin :slight_smile: My luck, ill plug it in, and the magic smoke will instantly leave the bottle…hahahahaha

Know anythign about these white LED that are in the walmart shop lights? the 4 footers?

As I said in another thread, I’m currently vegging with LED (MarsHydro, cheap and probably equivalent to what you have), and 96W of T5s. Have about 2 feet of headroom for the LED, about 4 inches for the T5. Everything is happy, aside from one Sour Diesel (“drama queen” pheno). Can’t speak to the longevity of Cheap Amazon LED Fixtures, but the blurple seems to keep growth compact for vegging.

Insert my now standard disclaimer about distance: even though they don’t run hot, the LEDs are still quite intense. I’d put them no closer than 2 feet away from the tops.

1 Like

Good to here first hand. Yes, simply using it to veg my clones for a week or so at a time.

Sure itll work. But youll only get good growth in like a 2x2 squareXD its def an ugrade from a few 23w cfls though. I dont remember them being the shit. I remember them always crapping out on people. Shitty connections, using the wrong lenses, putting out more heat then photonsXD the only goodthing about shitty china lights is they save power vs hps. But at the cost of yeild, growing space, growth rate etc. I suggest checking out growmau5 and green genes garden on youtube.

1 Like

Here you go. This should cover a lot of questions.

https://youtu.be/Mf-YpUFNcgQ

5 Likes

Guys, keep in mind, I simply am vegging for 7 days to root, then off they go. I am not flowering, or really any pro longed veg. This opens up another hid for my flower room, and for that purpose I still bet for less than a family meal out, it does the job. But, we shall see…haha Lord knows I have spent more and gotten far less…lol I will take a chance on these cheap azz LED, and if they can not handle the plants…I will simply move the MH back into place. thats the nice thing about having some equipment, You can check other things out, it does allow a bit of luxury. And, 4 400w HIDs in a flower room, cant possibly be a bad thing…

1 Like

You gotta good price, should be fine, especially with the short veg time. Keep us posted. I use a little ufo from china as supplemental in bloom room. It often sits above the stretchiest one in the room, which gets punished by sitting in the corner with a funny colored light over it head. The only real difference I have seen is that the bud hairs are a little longer, compared to the hid dominated buds. Haven’t noticed any more or less difference, trich wise or smokeability. So for 100 bucks 5 years ago, only 1 fan (it has 4) has crapped out, but I like it and will continue to use it. Any lumens are good lumens in my book. May get(or make) a little cree set-up for a new veg chamber though.

5 Likes

I am still eyeing up these walmart white LED 4ft shop lights. I bought a few a while back, are wonderful in the garage. I have one over garden veggies, and they seem to like it. I just cant find any real info out on them.

1 Like

They are lights4america

Good for veg or supplemental lighting.

This is one of my clients running LED’s

His flowers are nice, very dense, and consistent.

Here’s the crummy one of the LED group running typical blurple spectrums, different client. DB cooper LED’s

His feedback is that he hates them. Its only day 21 of flower however, final product isnt that great. And its not UL listed. So he got screwed on the lights, hes sitting on 20 grand of lights that he cant use in a legal cultivation facility.

Honestly blurple LED’s dont get alot of good feedback, thats my experience. Small medi to large scale cultivation.

The highest test scores come from gardens running HPS and CMH that I’ve seen. But its a tricky thing to say some cultivars are simply higher testing than others.

3 Likes

Yeah if you’re just using to root some clones it will be perfect if it is just like a 2 x 2 space or so. Your good for sure if using just for that other than that it will only be good to flower 1 plant if you wanted to use it for flowering that is.

Get the walmart leds forsure. Take the cover off. They will do ya good and walmart got yo back if they break.

1 Like

Then check out quantum boards.

2 Likes

I am wondering why do-it-yourself isn’t an option?

It is cheaper, and with a little reading over the forums, you can setup a more or less plug and play solution.
Would be cheaper and more efficient, while still having a better light spectrum.

1 Like