Ok I need help from my pros here at og, exhaust from the bottom? Anyone ever do it?

That’s true… i did keep rh lower and I may need a dehuey I’m pretty sure I will

1 Like

Do you not have vents at the bottom of your tent?
If you do I would vent at the top pulling in fresh air from the vents at the bottom. You are about to go through summer conditions and a large light creates more heat than one would think even being LED. Since hot air rises keeping the tent cooler is easier from the top.
But every situation is different so set it up and experiment and see how it goes and change if necessary.
If the floor you are on is cement and your pots are sitting on the bottom of the tent that could have been your problem last time. Roots don’t like to be cold so you can put a small sheet of plywood or insulation board down under tent or sit each pot on something to keep them off of a cold floor.

This post is directed at Terps not OGsince03, hit wrong reply button,my bad!

5 Likes

the answer to that is no, it will not hurt anything.

5 Likes

Like most here I’d suggest venting from the top.

In my 4x4 I have an array of fans on the ceiling aimed down through my bar light. This pushes the hot air down through the canopy of the plants if that’s something you’re going for.

I have forced air coming in my lower vents, and have all my screened vents wide open with light baffles for any floor ventilation.

But heat pools up, cold pools down so this is why we vent from the top.

4 Likes

I bottom exhaust in winter, and top exhaust in summer. It keeps the temps normal, and I have to use the humidifier/dehumidifier less.

6 Likes

I do have vents at the bottom , after all the things said I will vent from the top…

Thank you all for the responses!!

1 Like

Everyone is totally correct and I’m not here to stir shit up, but are you legal? If so, rock with that positive pressure.

I don’t have any exhaust in my 4x4… I have a 4 inch on the bottom for intake. So it’s pulling clean air. I have three total fans in there grooving. Positive pressure so air flows out however it can. Seems to keep airflow strong enough to keep everything happy up to 95f.

2 Likes

It really depends on your climate, Michigan cold basement during veg I pull air from bottom. Then when I switch my light to flower I vent from top.

1 Like

Maybe it can help more than my subliminal message on how cannabis produce its anti-freeze ^^

1 Like

I am legal… but I do want to use the carbon filter…

1 Like

Sorry if I was confusing. I still use the filter, I just use it for intake air.

2 Likes

Well the problem there would be the smell… while I love it… my neighbors might as well… and I worry they’d try to break in etc…

1 Like

On my intake hole I have a foam air filter, just to stop bugs, hair ect. Even have it stuffed in my exhaust to stop large particles from going into my carbon filter and fan

1 Like

So many small tricks you learn over time. I can’t imagine what ill be growing in a few years lol.

2 Likes

I used to strap an actual ac air filter trimmed to just over the size of the hole of the ducting… and Rubberband it on it… worked quite well

2 Likes

I will however say a 4 inch fan and carbon filter will absolutely not stop the smell. Every time you open a tent it smacks ya in n the face.

1 Like

I agree… but opening the door and having the smell vent all day are 2 different ordeals

1 Like

Well, that’s illegal to do. I pray someone tries to take my legal grow. But I do understand your hesitation. For what it’s worth, I only notice smells outside sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I went w the 6 inch… just a tad bigger… but still the gavita 1700e only got to 88 89 degrees F … that was with it venting in the same room…

1 Like

Lol… the police don’t do much anymore … I honestly believe this is why there has been disbanding of them… here in Illinois there has been a vote … and they voted to REMOVE bail… so basically there’s no bail now… u just get out again… crazy eh?

1 Like