Old school strains. still available?

Hey everyone. Been a cultivator since the early 00s. It was very tough getting quality genetics back then for many reasons. Seeds from Amsterdam took forever to ship, most of the seedbanks weren’t very trustworthy. Bag seed that was good enough to pop was rare.

Only in the last couple years have I gotten quality genetics. (Even got some SwampBoys. Cornbread & Krome are geniuses! Can’t wait to see what theyre working on next.) But I would like to be able to take a crack at some of the older genetics. Even something from my old man’s era. (He liked Columbian & Acapulco Gold) He’s getting old and i know he’d love to have that stuff once again & would hate if he couldnt ever see it.

I did grab Skunk #1, which is a mid 90s-2000s staple. Can’t wait, hope they’re legit. Memories come flooding back. My girlfriend back in school, her Mom and Stepdad at exactly 11pm would light up and stink up the house. Which was my cue that I could spark up. It was great. My first quarter I ever bought was Skunk.

Grabbed Skunk 1 from AGSeed. BTW, Anyone have experience with AGSeedCo? Todd McCormack and Mel Frank’s supposedly old cuts & stored away seeds. Finger’s crossed. If it’s good i’ll grab that NL5.

Making a long post short, i’m looking for Genetics from the early 00s. 15-20% strains. I’m on the East Coast, saw a lot of OGK, Sour D, Jack Herer and various types of heady Hazes that I hated, except 1. Could use help remembering a lot of the stuff from back then too, lol. Please feel free to share your favorites from the era.

20 Likes

Welcome to OG @DoobDuck , drop by and meet everyone when you get a chance.

4 Likes

Check out coloradosativas for your old man… I’m sure he’ll appreciate what he has to offer. I’m about to put in for some of his gear myself. cheers hope you find what you’re looking for.

5 Likes

Thanks, CO Sativas look great and fair prices too. I’ll def check it out

3 Likes

Check out CSI Humboldt. He’s does great work with some heirloom cuts

6 Likes

Welcome back @DoobDuck

JJ from Top Dawg Genetics is personally connected to the chemdog crew and has done a lot of breeding work on some of the east coast staples. He has a Sour Diesel BX4 that I hear highly reviewed, and a lot of piff/haze work.

7 Likes

Check out what original OG admin Baudelaire is doing with his company Fleur Du Mal, he has a ton of 90’s to early 2000’s classics:

14 Likes

TopDawg def does great work. Do you know where I can find their Sour Diesel bx4?

3 Likes

Besides the already mentioned sources, Cricket and cicada seeds, akbeanbrains brains, and the real seed company , are all great sources for some older genetics. There is also the landrace team and some good stuff floating around right here on overgrow :+1:

7 Likes

Send him an email

3 Likes

Even though his is one of those send cash through the mail kinda guys he has been verified as legit by many members on here so hopefully that will put u at ease if u decide to pick up some stuff from him, Gerry is a wonderful honest fellow

As far as old school stuff I did 2 seperate preservation runs for jack herer and white rhino and got some of the beans kicking around of it :slight_smile: maybe we can work out a trade of some stuff u may have laying around too?

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @DoobDuck!

1 Like

I was over at headiegardens last night and I see hilltop genetics just dropped there. Most if not all of his crosses looked like 2000s gear. Good prices too

1 Like

Oh hey, I forgot to mention but @LouDog420 has been running a fundraiser for St Jude’s for a few months here and still has plenty of seeds, check out some of his stuff, lots of early 2000s genetics going on for a great price and cause:

2 Likes

A guy called Hippy Don has genuine landraces like your dad’s looking for. Message me if you need more info, he’s on my discord server.

2 Likes

I will most definitely do that. Thanks a ton, much appreciated

Thanks for all the help everyone! It’s all going to be helpful. Making that final decision on what to choose, that’s gonna be tough. Thanks again! :v:

In addition to the above, you should really check out the auctions at Mr. Nice. You can score some classic Dutch-based genetics of the 90’s for very little money. Some names have changed (White Rhino is now called Medicine Man, for instance), and there are some newer crosses mostly based off of old school stuff derived from Neville and Shantibaba’s work.

It’s definitely worth a look.
https://mrnice.nl/dhtml/home.php

3 Likes

Maybe you will find somth of interest on kwikseeds or the real seed co(its the same people but some stuff different on both websites), idk a lot about the old school there, but here in Spain sweet seeds was really famous back in the day, S.A.D and cream caramel are two joys, I will have to see if some cream caramel male pops up this run but if it does I would be glad to send you some beans!

1 Like

@Vesti i couldn’t agree more about mns auctions. Amazing deals on some legendary strains.

1 Like