Old Seeds from 2000 - 2002

Recently found some old seeds (15 yrs old +) that were improperly stored. I’m not able to resume my garden at this time. Not wanting to sit on the seeds until I could resume I sought out a local grower I know and gave them to him.

He texted me and let me know he has started to try and germinate them.

I sure hope a few of them are still viable by some miracle.

Here’s what I found.
Vietnamese Black F-2’s (2000)
C99 F-2’s (2001)
Apollo 13 x X13 (2001) X13 = Apollo 13 X Airbourne G13
Apollo 13 x Skunk #f1 (2001)
Amenisa Haze x C99 (2002)

Man I have my fingers crosses a few of those Vietnamese Black F-2’s pop.

13 Likes

I sure hope these beans make it.

1 Like

They were still sealed in the old heavens stairway coin packaging so I’m going to be optimistic.

3 Likes

Jesus. Shoulda gave them to members here. I woulda sent you my house for some of those beansXD

Don’t worry they are in very capable hands. If they are viable they are far to valuable to give away to someone I don’t know. But thanks for the offer.

2 Likes

Me too…Vietnam black…

1 Like

DUDE RIGHT?!?! in my dreams hahahahahaXD

1 Like

Just the other day I was very surprised to find out that my F2 crosses I’ve made from Emery’s Seeds and I’ve stored for long years in sealed package in freezer germinated really well. I’ve moved few times so they were unfrozen about 2 or 3 times during the years and then frozen again.

Seeds stored this way since 2000 have got incredible 95% germination rate!

I wish you luck with them!

8 Likes

1998-1999 vintage Cinderella 88/99 (Soul cut x C99), Generals Daughter (G13xNL) x C99, and Romberry (Romulan cut x pre-98 Blueberry), 100% germ within 7 days after 16-17 years in the freezer. Soil, 80F, tap water.

When I told Rob Clarke I kept all my beans in the freezer he looked surprised - he recommends refrigeration only. Works for me though. Just be careful on thawing and refreezing…

-b420

10 Likes

dude. i hope they legalize soon. i need you to send me some cutsXD

Looking at some of the old threads on CW I’m reminded of the controversy over the Nam Black.

Here’s a quote from CG which matched my experience:
The nam black mom I had went 16 weeks in flower and was a very intense sativa when let go the full term.”

You can see some pics in this thread.

5 Likes

Mary mother of holy :dog2: :poop:!! The colors of that nam black are just insane… :+1:

Sweet jesus! Sure like to get my hands on VB!

1 Like

I’ve been on the hunt for some Vietnam black or silver leaf in pure form ,gem for a gem maybe, I might have a line on some from Vietnam direct but so far no confirmation

1 Like

Also I’ve popped 20 year old beans that were kept in nothing but a sealed container in a box with extreme success so it’s always worth a try

1 Like

did you use GA3 or any specific technique to germinate like scarification or pre-soaking the seeds?

i have some decent seeds coming to me which were reported 50% germ rate last summer… thinking i’ll try GA3 to increase it if possible

1 Like

That would be an amazing plant to do a preservation run with. Imagine what this many people could do with it…

If I’m starting old seeds I will start them in paper towels as I always do and if after three days no germ I will very lightly scrape the tip off to one edge untill I break the seal , alot will also need the seed shell manually removed once they sprout up as it becomes to hard to split apart on its own, I also give it around 2 or three days max to accomplish it on it’s own or I intervene

2 Likes