15+ yrs. old Vietnam Black pollen

My Vietnam Black pollens were still viable…I can’t believe it…

35 Likes

was it frozen or how??

2 Likes

Just kept in the fridge with my seeds…

9 Likes

Pollens on the left are less than 6 months old…pollens on the right are 15+ yrs. old…I was actually gonna throw them away because I’ve read here on Overgrow that after a couple of years they were no good…I figured what do I have to lose? So I tried the Vietnam Black pollen and it was viable…so now I decided not to throw my 15+ yrs. old pollens away…I did nothing fancy with them and just stored them with seeds and put them in my refrigerator…sometimes you have to do your own experiments folks…

My next experiment will be using my 15+ yrs. old DK13 pollen only, on a branch or 2 in my next grow…

31 Likes

Awesome! This gives me faith on a few old gems I have in pollen form. I knew there was a reason I didn’t toss them.

9 Likes

I will be putting my homemade strains DK13 & Sour O’wreck in my veggie garden by the end of this month…in central Illinois pot grown outside will start to flower around the second week of August, I gotta take advantage of mother nature folks…when they do start to flower I will be using my 15+ yrs. old pollens just to see they are still viable…I hope they produce seeds like the old Vietnam Black pollen.

12 Likes

Sending good vibes your way my friend! So glad you posted this thread!!!

2 Likes

I will be using my 15+yr.old pollens in a couple weeks on my outdoor plants…

6 Likes

I hope you have some great success and I have been busy with the VTF! Happy Growing The Doc

2 Likes

hell yeah i’m glad i just found this, so much hope!

2 Likes

Well, it’s a done deal…I used a male pollen that was over 15+yrs.old…it was an unlabeled foil… so I really dont know what strain it was…the female plant was my DK13 strain…

7 Likes

It’s been almost 2 wks. and it looks like that unmarked pollen was not viable…

This Sour O’wreck will be the next plant and I’m gonna use my Schreck pollen, hopefully it will take this time…gonna wait till it dries up a little because of the morning dew and hopefully the sun comes out today.

7 Likes

Here’s my Vietnam Thunder Fuck strain that a rancher is growing and I thinking of using my 15+ years old Vietnam Black pollen to make seeds maybe…I love the thin leaves of this Vietnam Thunder Fuck…

7 Likes

I’ve definitely noticed that it has some spikey fingered leaves compared to the big fatty indica leaves I’m used to seeing and y I decided to let it finish veg and flower and not have a worry about height restrictions plus I need to use the phototron for my new Auto fem ice Cream Morning by @JohnnyPotseed but I am bummed about the unlabeled pollen not taking and u should definitely hit the VTF with some of the Viet Black pollen I vote Yes and I might dust a branch on the VTF with some Sour Bubble pollen interesting :thinking: possibilities Sour-V Thunder Bubble LoL never know unless I try

3 Likes

DK13…this strain was in my garden and it was pollinated by my unmarked pollen, at first I thought the pollen wasn’t viable…but look what I found 2 seeds so far in these buds…I hope I find more seeds in the future as I smoke this DK13… I’m gonna be hoarding this strain, it’s not fully cured yet but I just wanted to know if the 15 year old pollen was viable…the seeds from this DK13 will be a mystery since the pollen was unmarked.

8 Likes

Great information. I need to rethink things

3 Likes

My point is just because the growing community says it’s only viable for 1 or 2 years max, we growers have to do our own experiments…I was just gonna toss these 15+ old pollens in the trash but then I said wtf, I might as well try pollinating some females…I have nothing to lose…if it didn’t take I was just gonna toss it in the trash anyway.

9 Likes

Nice , good info, "Demonstration beats conversation " , I just scored a pack of Vietnamese black, snowhigh. Was waiting for my Tom hill haze f3 to arrive before I run both.
Excellent cross BTW
Hapi growing

6 Likes

Vietnamese black

Hapi joy

7 Likes