OldTimer1 (OT1)

Oh no just heard of this. That really really sad news. Is this 100% true ?

2 Likes

CARE-giver when you say tom are you refering to mr hill cus im sure he is still about. I spoke to him a few months back online. Forgive me if Im thinking of the completely wrong tom.

I thought I had heard he passed away also. But no I’m not 100% sure now that you say this.

Maybe I’m confusing it with him being banned on a forum. Forgive my memory :sweat_smile:

Edit: yes it does seem he has passed away. There’s been so many in just the last few years :pensive:

2 Likes

He has passed away 100% on that fact. Saturday evening . It’s sad he did have a stroke late last year .

4 Likes

Rest in peace OldTimer1.

4 Likes

Rest in peace Ot1! Another legend passed…

13 Likes

RIP OT1 You Will Be Missed By All!

4 Likes

Mike Dubois did that artwork he is one of my favorite Artists ever.He did a lot of Album covers for the Dead.

4 Likes

This is one of the best pieces of grow advice there ever was.If you haven’t read it please please do.

5 Likes

Rest in peace OT1. Sad to lose another grower from this world.

5 Likes

Where did oldtimer source his original haze stock?

1 Like

RIP Oldtimer1, another good one gone.

1 Like

@jessethestoner did you see the link I posted?

2 Likes

I wasnt able to view all the links. I signed up and now i cant see any link from uk420 lol. Have to wait for account approval.

He says the skunk came from sssc in one of the first batches of skunk ever. I know he and a user from icmag named madjag have a similar story that they were growing the og skunks and got a variation of smeels from sweet to sour.

The haze interests me because i would like to see when he got it. The haze story is very interesting to me, because its so hotly debated. Lots of people make very large claims to being able to access old lines before they were widespread. The rks craze shows there are many contenders that claim to have the skunk smell that would fell a rhino with pure stank, but few have verifiable results.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever to ot1 or anything, i wpuld jist like to hear what he says and how that compares to the common accepted haze narrative we currently have

2 Likes

there is a stream about him on youtube right now.

10 Likes

RIP
You will be missed.

2 Likes

Sadly yes it is.

2 Likes

Oldtimes was a good variety of his. Little Hands was another. He had access to some of DJs early work. Some of the Blueberry and Flo. He had a nigerian skunk and worked with early varieties like Skunk no 1. The Oldtimers Haze that Ace came by indirectly is one of those long flowering varieties. Not many people grow it. He always said he was just a gardener. Humble good egg.

6 Likes

Just gutted to hear Martin had passed. He was a gentleman, a friend and a mentor. We keep his ESB going at Fleur du Mal as a recognition of his excellent taste, good breeding sense, and generous spirit.

Ot1 was one of the originals, a true hippy guerilla grower from the earliest times of domestic indoor cultivated cannabis. His modesty kept him from claiming his mantle among the pantheon of modern cannabis pioneers, but his place was deserved nonetheless.

His home was an original waypoint in the early 70s for many a traveler on the Hippy Trail to and from the U.S. and Europe to the cannabis growing regions of North Africa and East Asia. Through that he became acquainted with and received genetic gifts from any number of cannabis explorers, including Canadians and Americans who offered him some of the earliest versions of California Haze, Skunk and Blueberry.

I am lucky enough to have been the recipient of several of his crosses made with these genetics, and I can attest to their uniqueness and quality. People talk a lot about old-school varieties and the quality of pre-Dutch lines, but Ot1 is among the very very few who ever showed up with the real deal.

In addition, he was an early supporter and adviser to the creation of the first Overgrow.com, where he gave freely of his expertise in cultivation and breeding, producing tutorials and teks that are relevant to this day. In addition to the Bonzai Mother tek hosted here at OG and his numerous postings at his preferred local UK420.com, he created an archive site called Cannabase.com that preserves most of his 90’s era writings - I encourage anyone to check them out.

Godspeed you ole git, I will miss your gentle good soul. peace -b420

37 Likes

thanks for sharing your thoughts and perspective. it helps newbies like me understand the shoulders of these giants that we stand on, who have paved the way to where we are today.

3 Likes