One point 21 gigawatt grow setup. ( back to the future reference)

Do as you see fit, I will follow this thread anywhere.
omg flowering will be craaaazy

1 Like

My coffee’s times are addicted to your grow show ^^

1 Like

We mount a light bulb inside the lid of tank will shine tank level through the plastic body, that is if its not too opaque.

2 Likes

@Viva_Mexico :
That’s I M P R E S S I V E !!!
:heart_eyes:
Chapeau/hats off
DS

1 Like

Thanks! My tanks are for the roof and allow zero sunlight through. I cut it open today, it was to hard to mix. All I need now is a plastic paddle for stiring.

I do want to put a UV light in my RO tank upstairs just in case.

The hole is big enough for mixing and I will be able to get inside for cleaning!!

4 Likes

I cant help my self but I see the answer… You should start a monster grow and grow a plant in that big reservoar I see on the Last picture :smiley: :smiley: you know deep water culture, 30ft tall and about 30 pounds of dry buds on it :smiley: Coming next week?

2 Likes

Hey amigos, glad you stopped by. I have the pleasure to announce that tomorrow will be the first day of 12/12!!! :call_me_hand:t2:

I ended up only hanging 27, 1000watters. Right now I have them on 90%. I will raise the percentage as flower progresses. I can go all the way to 1150watts.

I had to add a 4 liter per hour humidifier to bump up the RH a bit.

I will install the CO2 burners next week.

Today I changed the rez from grow to transition. Still using N but like 1/4th strength.

I need to make sure my day and night temps are very close now to minimize strech.

3 Likes

So pictures of the veg plants.

I am most impressed with King Kong, from big buddha seeds. It is indica dominate.

Northern chronic freebie

11 Likes

Big day! Congrats! It must be satisfying to reach this milestone after such incredible amount of work…

It is amazing to watch your story evolve in real-time! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you for having me!!! I can’t wait to start to see flowers.

7 Likes

Oh @Viva_Mexico what a great time indeed. So excited to see this all out bud fest your going to have going on. Freaking LOVE it

4 Likes

@Viva_Mexico this thread is the shit… insane amount of work, props! if you get a minute at some point and you don’t mind sharing could you please elaborate on how your feeding system works? Dosage, timing, etc :grin:

2 Likes

hey amigo, thanks for stopping by!!!

I have a 1500 liter water tank outside the room. I cut a hole in the topside to make mixing and stirring easier. I have a homemade paddle that I use to get the water stirring before I add my nutrients. Once I paddle like crazy and get the water spinning I slowly add my nutrients to the R.O water that is now at 10ppms. I use silica and cal mag at around a 3 to 1 ratio just to “treat” my R.o water. I use General Hydroponics flora series expert chart nutrients and usually half strength. I go by ppm’s not so much the instructions.

when I am adding nutrients to my 250 galons I add them one by one in order stirring each time between nutrients.

AIR
as you may or may not know you can NOT over water a plant. It is lack of oxygen what is bad not overwatering so I make sure that I always have as much disolved oxygen as possible. 1.I have constant air being pumped through air stones. 2. make sure each time you have to move the water from the rez to the controller or visa versa you cut the hose lenth so that the water must splash to add more O.

Temp.
I have a chiller running directly to my rez to keep the water cool. cooler water equals more disolved O and warmer water more root growth. I prefer cooler. right now my rez is at 68F because of the lenght of hose that is exposed in the room. they hold some residual heat and will slightly warm the water a couple of degrees when it gets to the roots.

Timing.
I am on 12/12 day 3 so I am currently running like 4 cycles per 12 hour day. the first cycle as lights come on, than every couple of hours and last feeding finishes 45 min before lights off.

Rh now is around 50%
I am adding 4 liters per hour to the room of water.

Controller bucket
Inside the room on the other side of the wall is the controller bucket. I will take pictures tomorrow, but it has float sensors and a ebb and gro brain hooked up to a large plastic bin that has 8 3/4 in hoses hooked up to it. each line feeds around 30-35 10litre buckets.

9 Likes

awesome, thanks for the detailed explanation man! please excuse my ignorance but even when the buckets aren’t being flooded there is always air from the air stones being pumped through 24/7 correct? also in veg (assuming you run 24/0) what do you have, 8 cycles a day instead instead of the 4 you mentioned for 12/12?

1 Like

So guys Really I have been having issues in the big room and I have been really stressed out. After about 5 days of intesive care I have more of a handle of the situation. Some plants looks not so hot still, but they are starting to recover. One of the original moms from earlier in this thread almost died. I can admit that these errors were my fault. I didn’t cover some of my clear lines that go to the buckets and combined with warm water temps I got a bloom of algee and probably some pathogens as well. By the addition of h2O2 and cooler water temps I have killed all negative forces and currently all is well.

I still have quite a bit of defoliation and another layer of net on the right.

front left plants were the last to go in, they look better now.

in all between phenos and strains I have around 15 different ones. like I have said before, this is the startup run, in the future I will only do 2-3 strains at a time. also, the canopy will be even next time. First run is allways a nightmare

12 Likes

Oh man, yeah that algae sucks. Sounds like you survived the worst of it, maybe added a few gray hairs? Wish I was there to help amigo (I’m pretty good with black spray paint :wink: ) anyway hope things go better for ya…btw that picture is what every grower dreams of! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Hey, I’m glad you are getting things back under control. I can only imagine the stress as my setup is about 1/100th the size of yours. I love your pics! they remind me of the end of Indiana Jones where they roll the arc into the endless warehouse.

2 Likes

Took pictures today

Flower room 2 which is the veg room at the moment

10 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes