Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

Haha! :pig: Me too! :pig_nose: I just like doing it outside! Sunshine is great for my depression. :seedling::sunny:

2 Likes

Lights are on, so I snapped some pics. I finally put the fly trap in the room too. Better safe than sorry there.

5 Likes

After coming back home I see this pest in the garden. A Boxelder Bug

I caught it and looked it up before killing it. I used to call these things stinkbugs in school.

On a better note the auto is speeding along nicely.
I have to water in the morning for it, but it’s looking like it’s almost drooping now. Seems the average drinking rate is 10oz a day. :slight_smile: I’ll keep to once a day though as growth was quicker before. I see it stretching a bit now too.

3 Likes

Here’s this morning’s pics. I checked the soil and it was dry completely 2" down. No moisture felt at all. Near the clover it’s more moist on top, but 1" down it’s dry not 2". I watered right away at lights on after seeing the leaves start drooping. The cilantro droops much quicker than the auto does. I used 10oz of distilled water as evenly spread as I could get.

I’ll take a couple pics after they’ve had a hour from watering to bounce back to life again.

3 Likes

No progress yet, but the clover is still trying to open up, so I’ll snap a pic in the morning when I wake up.

Humidity is a bit high now, so I turned the humidifier on low now.

3 Likes

Snapped pics. Much better looking.

Crystal Candy popped out. A little twisted, so it had a obstacle on it’s way out. The other 2 seeds are not sprouted yet.

7 Likes

Looking good so far.

2 Likes

5-6 weeks left on the auto now.

IDK why I thought it was older than 4 weeks, but it’s actually 4 weeks exactly from sprout now. Give or take a few hours.

1 Like

Yeah that’s good bro. Then you can reap the rewards of your grow, what it all comes down to. I can hardly wait myself. I still have to figure out when my BBs will be done. Blueberry early January and moby dick later part of January. Your grow has panned out nicely. Grow and smoke on OGers!!

2 Likes

I’m excited to try my attempt at a perpetual harvest.
I have 1 photo and 3 autos in there. 1 a month ahead of the rest. Crystal Candy is 4 weeks exactly younger. When the first auto is ready to smoke the 2nd and 3rd should be ready to harvest. The photo gets flipped after the 3 autos are chopped. I’ll be trying my hand at training now that I got my first grow under my belt albeit with issues.

Hell yeah… mine sort of turned out like that by chance. The week of January 7th blueberry should be done, 22 moby dick then I dunno bout the other 2 itll be later sometime :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t wait :slight_smile: I’m most excited for the photo though. It’s a Platinum Glue Auto x Blue Zkittlez photo cross. I tried Zkittlez once. It was just CBD isolate with Zkittlez terpenes, but it got me high somehow. Better than most bud ever has too.

Tasted exactly like purple and green Skittles.
I’m excited to taste this bud.

1 Like

No germinating from the other 2 seeds yet. I watered the soil again as it was nearly completely dry

The Crystal Candy is doing well. I put the CFL over it. I gave it a small amount of water around it’s stem, not directly where the stem is.

Now here’s the rest of the pics☺️

Hygrometer

Apparently being around it drops the humidity, but it’s 80f and 70% Rh.

1 Like

Am I already seeing the start of woody stems forming or did something happen? I didn’t notice earlier, but I saw it on this mornings pic too

2 Likes

New day new pics

I had to remove the UV light. It was burning the socket and that’s not okay. The plants will live without it.

The photo had popped out the soil finally. It had a clump of dirt on top. I took it off and it’s still not opening that much. I’ll see how it does after a day

The Auto seedling is stretching a bit. I have a 28w CFL directly over it on top of the light already in the area.

I didn’t water this morning. It wasn’t drying all the way this time. the fabric pots I watered as I saw the circle nearly gone. I water with about 2-4oz water per fabric pots in the center only for now. The seedling will be fine

4 Likes

Based on the pic I’d say I got overwatering on this girl. I haven’t watered since my update, so I’ll just LITFA and wait before I kill it with love.

The pot was too heavy for what I put in, so I’m thinking the humidifier might be adding moisture to the soil being so close. IDK.

Edit: to clarify I did not water the auto today. Pot was too heavy and the soil still looks damp. On top of the obvious issues that formed after I had watered last. Next watering is straight water. In fact I won’t add any additional nutrients at all until they show me they need any. Let’s see how well I sourced my soil for nutrient availability with none added to the water.

The photo is coming along nicely. Definitely showing issues, but I think that’s my hint that my soil may be low on something. I did turn the heat down from 77 to 72 and the seed germed after that and took a day to look like a seedling, but worth the wait :slight_smile:.

Hopefully I remembered my plant abuse correctly. My first instinct was overwatering even if I haven’t in a bit. I don’t think the watering 10oz a day works with my pot. Maybe in the fabric pots, but in general I don’t have to care if I’m overwatering those. They dry really quick. The seedlings get a splash of water a day to keep the topsoil moist. It gets a color change to the surface within 5 hours and I see specks of dirt on top of the soil already.

I’m thinking of installing my 150w HPS again when it’s time for flowering. Should I just not bother with it or what do you all advise? I ask because I helped a buddy who’s only option was his 150w hps. His seedlings started to grow fast. Though I did have to transplant the seedling before he killed it with 2 plants in 1 pot with the big one is waterlogged. bow neither are and he’s seeing the plant recover and grow a little out of control LoL

2 Likes

Today’s pics before lights off

Auto seedling

Crystal Candy still yet to germinate

Photo is adjusting nicely.

The auto is doing well. The cilantro is growing out of control now LoL. The clover has started getting some height as well.

I’m heading to the store to grab more distilled water. I’d rather water with that than my tap water. I noticed much healthier growth, so at bare minimum there’s something in my tap palnts don’t want. Also it’s 89¢ for 1 gallon at my local store.:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I watered the new seedlings with some distilled water as the soil was becoming hydrophobic. Any tips for fabric pot care? Wherever roots aren’t dries out way too fast

The tapered pot is still kinda heavy. Topsoil is still moist 1cm down at best. LITFA for this one still. This is overwatering signs right? It’s either that or phosphorus?

Soil pics

4 Likes

I started mine in starter pots then transplanted into fabric. However, they need just enough water to make those roots stretch out and grab it. As it reaches (grows), it will require more and more water. Like I said, a schedule is darn near impossible at times.

1 Like

I may start one in a solo cup if I see the crystal candy hasn’t germinated. How much longer before it’s time to dig it out?

After the CFL died o put the UV light in the heat lamp and raised up the reflector high enough so that it’s light hits all pots. Lpw levels are good enough for now.

Also there’s the pics today

There’s still some heft to the pot. I’ll judge it by eye, but it looks like it’s still not watering day.
The seedlings are growing leaves out RN and stretching a bit. I definitely had the lights too high initially. Now with the UV separate I can move them where they are now. I moved them to where I’ll keep the lights at for now. I see the seedling stretch at a good pace. The auto is not getting teller and the photo is not growing tall and it lost all colors it had in the stem. Back to all green to clarify. If I hadn’t moved the lights the seedling had stabilized at that distance. It seems my lights are acceptable at a maximum of 42" and any farther causes stretching. After I moved them to 36" from the fabric pots the color improved and growth focused on leaf growth not stretching for light. I’m giving them only distilled water when the soil gets dry. When the cotyledon start fading or losing energy it’s time to feed with fertilizer.

On another note the clover has grown tall. I’ve never seen clover do that. Usually it’s close to the ground. It definitely established itself to both the soil and light schedule. It isn’t closed when lights come on anymore.

I’ll have see money soon, so if anyone has any advice on money priorities as if it’s within my budget I’ll grab it after confirming I got the right kind.

3 Likes