Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

Idk, perhaps though cord just couldn’t handle the load? or the adapters may be loose? idk. I do know though if I went the route you did, it would have cost me roughly $180.00 which is a lot especially replacing them after they burn out…the plants will grow under them of course though not very well and though bright, look at all that light loss that the plants will never see

1 Like

Yeah true :sweat_smile: should I move the lights closer to add more intensity to harden them off before the new lights arrive?

I wouldn’t bother just start them out 2’ away and move them a few inches down everyday…the response is very dramatic as they go from leaning towards the light to standing upright and stretching their leaves out or at least thats what I noticed…you’ll see with the single board I am sending you. Funny thing is at ~15" over the plants, the 1 60w board will replace all of those cobs as the light spread is more fanned out as well as directly down for no wasted light

1 Like

I moved the lights down a few inches when I changed the cord actually :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Today’s pics.

Diana

And now her new look now that I’ve removed some of the wick tying her down. No roots poking out of the bottom. Should I water more next time? It feels like I should today :sweat_smile:

Daisey

Zeke

GSC

Indigo

Now the hygrometer

3 Likes

@MomOnTheRun the plan is to grab the cheap lights rn and save up as 120 she can’t do without saving up first. She definitely wants to grab the board now. Do you know when the sale ends? Hopefully not today?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okie Dokie so i’ll send the driver too so you’ll have it…The sale price should stay intact until they are bought out then you’ll just have to periodically look for a restock so the sooner the better as there is rumors that they are moving on though i’ll have to find that thread again to be sure.

3 Likes

Awesome!:blush:
It should be soon, but by then the plants will have the 2 pack of lights for awhile. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

I passed out before the latest update.
I did the math and Diana is 7 weeks old as of the 6th. Good thing I have 2-3 weeks to see bud growth I guess​:sweat_smile: it’s why I planted more TBH as I saw I was stunted past the point of no return in the first 2 weeks. I’m seeing more of the same with Daisey TBH. Bs autos are a beginner plant :joy: the things just want to die if you screw up as beginner’s do​:sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s all about good soil. If you start with great soil, it’s all downhill from there. The blue dream autos I had were easy peasy. I did spend good money on the soil though, but I didn’t need nutes for the first 6 weeks either. Mostly it was all LITFA. I truly didn’t do much to them. They didn’t need any fussing. The grow was simple, the dry and cure was where I fucked up.

2 Likes

I’ll take pics in the morning, but they’re doing so well now☺️ all have picked up the pace again. Indigo already is making true leaves lol

Sorry if I post an empty pic post. I’m getting a little distracted. Can’t help it all the time. Sometimes the ADHD just makes me forget what I’m doing.

Growth rate has increased rapidly and I’m not sure what’s up with GSC now. She’s yellowing and looking splotchy :thinking: It seems to happen to some plants and not others in my soil, so I’m not sure what it is that causes this.

Last night I watered with the last of my distilled water and I’ll have to grab more today. Luckily it’s 89¢ :blush:

Diana

Daisey

Zeke Still open to a new name. If they end up a she she’ll need it​:sweat_smile::thinking:

GSC
There definitely something up with the leaves on this little one. Is it magnesium or something else? The rest are showing curled up tips too

Indigo
Definitely mycorrhizae in my soil​:blush::blush::blush:

Garlic

Hygrometer

1 Like

Check your deficiency chart. Zinc or iron I think?

2 Likes

Unless they include twisted growth also I’m thinking potassium deficiency. I’ve suspected it multiple times in the past. I may have drained my soil of potassium last grow and it’s showing signs of it now😅

1 Like

Heads up there’s a name on that pic

1 Like

Oh ok thanks. I didn’t see it.

2 Likes

No worries I got you

2 Likes

I’m grabbing 4 of these 30w lights. They list par on them and they seem pretty respectable especially for 10 each :thinking:

They’re going to hold me off nicely for the next week or so until I can grab the QB

They’re arriving on Saturday

Setup will look something like this with variable options on the side there. My existing lights are the placeholder in the middle should I still use them. If I do that’ll be 16w/SF until QB or without thats 7.5w/SF until, but with a much better spread than my current 11.5w/SF. If I use the UV light still that makes it 19w/SF until QB. 36.5w/SF if I throw them all together, but someone here could tell me if that won’t work out🤔

Dude! Been trying to spare you of the waste though you hafta see for yourself…I get that though what I don’t get is the 5 steps back - you’ll see

2 Likes

It’ll be long enough before I can get the QB that these won’t be used long enough to care

They’re just to add extra light. My plants are reaching for light and I can’t lower further. For 10 each I’ll risk it😅