Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

I’m not soldering. I’ll be using connectors. If any in my PC can be made use of you know I’ll use them to make connections easier :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I would just make sure the wires are secure in the connectors, then tape real tight with electrical tape.

3 Likes

Better than iBUYPOWER does😂
Check out this shoddy job @Brandon7467

fucking duct tape :joy:

Lol duct tape huh? Well whatever gets it done I suppose. Id never use duct tape though. To each his own lol

2 Likes

That wasn’t my handiwork. I sent that in for repairs before it died on me. That’s how the motherboard came back😂

1 Like

I plugged in the input cord by itself without the driver to see how it is as is. I’ll be keeping it plugged in to see if on it own it gets warm

1 Like

Don’t plug in drivers without a load. It’s not meant to be used that way. Also never hot swap the DC (output) side.

4 Likes

That won’t do anything without a load. As long as it’s wired correctly it will be fine. (B-B/G-G)< ez to remember code for wiring…

2 Likes

No worries there. I know better on that one. I wanted to test if my wiring was good on the cord. Think of it like OCD. I can’t help myself, but to be extra careful if I am doing something like that. I can’t solder to save my life, so I’ll be just finding any other options I can to connect everything together.

The driver is not plugged in. It’s just chilling while I have the cord plugged in. Driver side of the cord is unplugged. I did as @Undead-Toker recommended and I hooked up the input cord to a male plug rated 15A. The female plug is what I’m checking my wiring on. It’ll be pulling a decent amount of power and if it were to heat up by itself I have to try again. Just keeping you all updated on what I’m doing as I struggle to figure out a plan for the output wires😅

So far it’s stayed cold and might actually be getting colder than it was when I left it. I must have transferred some body heat to it that it finally lost.

Seems to me I didn’t fuck that up. For anything requiring fine motor skills I don’t trust myself. I have muscle spasms and body tics I can’t stop when I need to most😅

1 Like

I just had a thought :sweat_smile: my heat lamp is already bare cord at one end soldered to a 660w ceramic lamp connector. Should I try to work with that for the output line? It’s not 3 prong or I’d think about the input line​:sweat_smile:

I’m pretty sure that would be way to heavy gauge…Really anything in the 18-22 range is suitable, the heavier the better. Larger prolly won’t fit the board and smaller is where you’ll really start cutting into efficiency.

2 Likes

The heat lamp is actually 18 awg wire. It’s just heavily insulated.

2 Likes

So I decided today is the day to fim Zelda.

2 Likes

Do you know what the voltage rating is?

1 Like

It says 300V on the outside of the cable

1 Like

That will work as long as it fits

2 Likes

Awesome :blush:
I can’t hook it up tonight as I’ll be getting pretty drunk later and it’s 2 hours from lights out. I’ll cut it all for later, but I’m definitely not going to be using sharp objects with depth perception issues :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And now I’m set for connecting 1 board up later. It’s a really long cord. Should I shorten it and use the sections I take off to connect each board together?

They aren’t healthy enough to handle high stress like topping

BACK AWAY FROM THE MEGACROP! Sorry but 12 grams is definitely too much. Even Megacrop says, 4 grams for veg, 5grams for early bloom and 6 grams for late bloom. Instead, give a foliar of 1tsp epsom, 1/2 tsp gypsum and a drop of soap in 1 gallon water…spray only 1 time at lights out. If they don’t start showing more green with this by tomorrow, you’ll need to transplant into a better soil

Well shit…least she appears to be one of the healthier ones

4 Likes

She was looking healthy enough for it. Her stretch was getting a bit strong the last day

1 Like