Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

Orange will be to big for 18 you’ll prolly need the gray

1 Like

You’ll need yellow…
I think… I never wired that little. Always used red, blue, or yellow… they probably have something specific. It depends on how many wires you’ll have to tie together.

1 Like

It should just be the 2 output wires to the heatlamp cord to give a long lead to the lights. Is there a maximum I should keep the leads at? I assume if it’s too long it has issues driving the current properly.

1 Like

Okay so I may have identified the symptoms I’m seeing. Some discoloration started on the lower leaves of Daisey and appear to be either sulfur or magnesium deficiency.
The rust spots on Zelda seem to be calcium deficiency mixed with too high nitrogen. No claw though, but still not good.

Zelda shows both lower and top leaves showing rust spots. Her 2 leaves at the top most node don’t seem to be burnt at all, but once they get big we’ll see.

I felt the nursery bag Indigo’s in and I felt some cold soil around where I had drowned the soil to force the soil to absorbed moisture before I added the dry rootball that popped out with no issues at all to the bag after I let it stop dripping and popped in Indigo. I didn’t disturb the rootball at all as I believe that the roots will do that on their own and I don’t think that we can do better without stressing the plants.

GSC soil is completely dry to the touch on bottom too, but the mycorrhizae are dominating her soil still. The color does seem to be improving too though on both GSC and Indigo.

When it’s time to water again what ratio of megacrop should I add? I had been up to 3g per Gallon before I mixed in 6.36g to get this shituation
They were starving for something until then.

1 Like

As soon as I send out the package on Wednesday as that will be the next time I am by the post office

Right on! Instead of Hibernate, it’ll be Lucky 7’s so I can compare with Lucky Charms when its ran for a seed run

Yeah, the majority of the heat comes from the driver

EWC is awesome for that as well as, additional micro life though probably not much as its from a bag instead of home made…my youngest is deathly afraid of snakes and the worms remind him of that - had nightmares about them until I found them a new home. So now any worms go directly into my soil in its 2nd or 3rd run

Yup!

I would go no higher than 4g per gallon

1 Like

4g it is. Of 3g was too light and 6g gave a calcium or boron lockout for Zelda and a magnesium or sulfur deficiency in Daisey, then I’ll go back to the original plan to increase lightly up to 4g and hopefully taper down soon, thank you! :grin:

When should I top dress and what should I add? I assume the plan for foliar first at lights out before I do anything. I got some more distilled water last night, so I can mix up the water when it’s time to and make my foliar feed without mystery elements from my tap😅

No problem though as they go into flower, you’ll want to increase it like say 1/2gram at a time topping out at 6g near the end

Yup then plain water on the next watering day… I get pretty good response doing feed - feed - water or if I am foliar feeding then feed - foliar - water - foliar

If your on city water you can probably find a report online…if your on well water you can get a free water test from a water conditioning place just have to listen to the sales pitch when the results come in :wink:

1 Like

My tap comes from the Ipswich river. I see a high ppm and the water report looks like a fertilizer bottle ingredient list.
Last I checked chelated minerals are in it too😅 definitely contaminated with AG runoff

1 Like

Yikes! No wonder you get distilled…damn!

1 Like

Yeah. Once I started to use it I saw an immediate response that cemented my using of it despite it’s few issues. Plus the molybdenum levels alone are above the levels cannabis wants and after too many lockouts and toxicity in seedlings I gave up on my tap😅

1 Like

Pics right before lights out. Zelda is pretty thirsty looking now.

Diana

Daisey

Zelda

GSC

Indigo

5 Likes

Okay, so I looked up the conversion for Epsom salt and gypsum from a level teaspoon to grams and I’m mixing 4.5g Epsom salt and 4g gypsum to 1 gallon of water. Should I get some water hot first before I mix it into the jug?

1 Like

I mixed it up. I heated some water before I mixed it in the water and then mixed before pouring into the jug. Soap added too and now I’m waiting for the bubbles to stop and absorb back into the mix

1 Like

Everyone sprayed down except for Diana. I sprayed the soil surface with it as well to moisten it up.
All leaves sprayed top to bottom stems and all.
Zelda has reached the sides of the 3 gallon pot😁 despite it all she’s powering through.

Let’s see how well this helps😁

1 Like

Here’s this mornings pics before I watered them all deeply. Diana could probably use a flush, but mainly I wanted the soil fully saturated down below now that the plants have all started to reach down deeper. Plus I’m hoping it’ll help the soil health with more soil saturated instead of bone dry pockets. Zelda only had 5% runoff. Some was pink. Some was clear. Some was brown. The nursery bag I had to water from the bottom. It is completely dry in the middle. Not anymore, but once they get time to drink up I’ll take some more pics.

Diana

Daisey

Zelda

GSC

Indigo

And that’s all for now. It’s been a hour since I started this post. I’m tired. I’ll check soon and see how they look.

Edit: I checked up on them and they’ve almost fully perked up. I’ll take pics in the morning once they’re finished drinking and I’m more awake.

3 Likes

Diana

Daisey @ReikoX is it me or did I just reveg Daisey somehow :sweat_smile: I didn’t know autos could reveg or I’m seeing ABC genes expressing, but IDK if they’re even in this strain and how that mutation happens anyways.

Zelda

GSC

Indigo

3 Likes

I doubt you re-vegged an auto. I dont even see what you are referring to in the picture.

2 Likes

The round non serrated fingers on bottom.
I’m just not sure what I’m looking at here😅

Actually thinking of it it resembles what I’ve seen in some clones. Idk what that is, but different for sure

1 Like

@MomOnTheRun I lucked out when I fimmed Zelda. She’s unfazed and growing on. I’ll see if I can’t see larger growth soon. I see my last pic wasn’t in focus on the new tops forming I saw a glimpse of this morning.

@ModicumGenes you have a vigorous strain here and despite my mistakes they don’t seem too bothered by what I did now. Luckily. I ordered a 7 gallon pot for them when it’s time to transplant them to a bigger pot Zelda is already throwing out massive skunky terps leaning on a sweet side. I’ll grow them out as large as they want before I flip to flower. I’ll end up with 3 photos at the end, but she will dominate this tent with Indigo from @Scissor-Hanz

Also what should I do about Indigo? The water is resting where her roots were when I transplanted though that bag dries out pretty fast. She doesn’t seem super happy rn, but still growing slowly.

1 Like

Here’s the pics of new growth on Zelda and the new spots they’re all in for better light distribution. Oke were growing on 1 side bigger than others mostly around the QB. The zmeans work, but so far I’m seeing strong response up close more than anything

The humidifier was off for a bit by accident :sweat_smile:

1 Like