Organic grow, Twisted leaves, interveinal yellowing, slow growth

I think lime is smart but I’d be careful, you can expect a pH increase of around .3-.4 depending on application rate. I would also suggest looking at alfalfa meal as a source of N just because its a little easier to breakdown and more readily available.

Did they give you any information on how these numbers were calculated? I do a lot of soil testing for work and am used to seeing a bit more information. N can be a little tricky and sensitive depending on how they determined it.

3 Likes

Interesting, I’m not sure how they do their testing but I got it done here: https://www.mysoiltesting.com/

@Franklin

They have a pretty cool technique!

This screenshot got my attention

Have you amended for nitrogen recently? If so, it may just need to break down to a usable form! Give it a little time and you’ll be fine

1 Like

If you add gypsum instead of lime it will not change your soil ph and you get a balance of sulphur with it as well.

? According to my soil analysis I’m in the optimal range for sulphur but need to boost my pH @Shadey

1 Like

OK I can’t see the writing on the test using my phone, I was going on what ThePotanist was advising to be careful about increasing your soil PH using lime.

2 Likes

The pH was 5.73 so there is some room to play but too aggressive with lime may raise too much. It doesn’t have to go up by much to hit their recommendation, it may be worth using a combo of lime and gypsum to limit how much you raise pH and include more N

Edit to add: I dont think I’ve seen sulfur toxicity in a soil grow before, so I wouldn’t worry too much. Thats not to say it can’t happen, but I typically don’t worry about it in soil. This is where you gotta trust you got a healthy microbe community

2 Likes

An update that my grow completely corrected itself and looks amazing now, mostly through flower and will chop relatively soon. I think this really speaks to the need for doing soil tests rather than relying only on images and charts. Complex soil problems can express in complex ways.

5 Likes

Did you end up doing any amendments or making other changes based on the soil test?

2 Likes

Yes, blood meal and TM7 for micronutrients and lime for ph.

Here is a fun one for you and everyone else: My first botched grow ever was Sulphur toxicity. I wanted to save money by using well water…

1 Like

Hahaha been there brother! I killed a while backyard one time from trying to save money on compost. Learned a real hard lesson that time