Organic Soil Dry Amendments (3 Gal Fabric Pots)

Anyone have experience growing organic in 3 gallons?

How often do you top feed?

I’m using Down To Earth dry amendments. Veg Garden 4-4-4, Bio Live 5-4-2, Langbeinite 0-0-22, and Seabird Guano 0-11-0.

Have a Plan on my page with everything. My Grow Plan

First time grower and wanted to try and make my own recipe/plan. Let me know if I need to be top dressing heavier.

Should I get Bat Guano for N boost during veg?

4 Likes

I’m still pretty green myself, but one thing i’ve started to do with my top dressings this grow is mix in equal amounts of earthworm castings whenever I top dress with anything. Mix it up really good in a separate bowl/container than add it to your pot. I’ve read that the EWC’s help the microbes get working on the fertilizer quicker.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m doing ewc throughout the whole grow. Just trying to see if someone has experience on such small pots like I’m doing

1 Like

With getting too long winded generally you use 1tbs of amendment mix per gallon of soil. So three gallons add 3tbs every 2-3 weeks. Change that to 4 weeks when the leaf tips crisp up.

3 Likes

With my recipe, I don’t top dress. Check it out on my thread. I also flower in 3 gallon pots with no issues.

Soil recipe

3 Likes

I grow in three gallon fabric pots. I used to topdress every three weeks at the full application rate (tbsp per gallon) and it worked out well. In hind sight it was a lot of fine powder to mix into the soil all at once.

This time around I’ve been trying a weekly application after reading about this methodology from @vincentadultman and indirectly from @alola. Been using 1 tablespoon each week and everything is looking happy and healthy.

You have my attention, and I will check it out.

1 Like