What do you use for sugars?

are they worth it? Yellow seems to be 1st time with robust. Anyone use agrave or blackstrap ?

4 Likes

I have used Grandma’s Molasses (maybe it was just me, I could not tell much difference). I am not sure it I used it correctly or not, though? I used it one (1) tablespoon per gallon during the first week of flush, I am still not sure if I did it properly? It is still a learning game for me.

regards,

mike28086

2 Likes

See all I do is one table spoon straight on the soil once a week all throw flower but last 2 watering so flush time so to say. I’ve never been forsure if I’m doing it right either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Honey is best imo. It also has beneficial growth hormones.

4 Likes

It looks like I’m doing it completely opposite, from what you are doing. Maybe, that is why I’m not seeing much of a difference.

mike28086

1 Like

What type of honey? Store bought, unprocessed, which type if you would let me know and give some directions, honey is a whole lot easier to find and is a little cheaper as well.

mike28086

1 Like

What kinda honey? I’m pretty open to try whatever for most part

1 Like

Might be but I know people who do it your way as well tho

1 Like

For organics, the potassium in molasses can be very beneficial, probably even more than the carbs. Last I checked, some versions of the plantation brand had more than others, and substantially more than most other brands.

3 Likes

Honey has antiseptics/ antibacterial properties to it that’s why in the Olden days it was used to treat wounds probably my guess it would get rid of microbes as well depending what media your in.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this stuff, pretty good price currently.

3 Likes

occasionally a dose of this in the water…also Alfalfa in the soil mix, it has sugars too

3 Likes

Sprouted barley let to shoot out a bit longer than usual has a ridiculous sugar content

4 Likes

I’ll be checking into blackstrap been hearing a lot about how I should have it in my arsenal

Could there be a down fall to using honey an molasses together ? I’ve heard blackstrap is good to use with either honey or molasses.

I was going to through out malted barley as a sugar and enzyme source. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Elaine Ingram on molasses

7 Likes

Love those Elaine Ingham vids keep them coming @Sunvalley!

3 Likes

Ya just store bought honey

1 Like

But is also antibacterial :confused:

2 Likes