Organic Unsulphered Molasses

I always wonder… how hard would Afghan farmers laugh at what is presented here as the next beneficial fad in a bottle while they fling some cow dung and mulch from the previous harvest on their field and call it a day.

6 Likes

Molasses and Sugar syrup are both mentioned in farming in afghanistan for over 1400 years.
KNF Farming is 4000 years old and molasses and sugars are a staple.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with bananapeels, orange peels, apple cores, and any other fruit scraps?
Plenty of carbohydrates in there.
Eat more fruit and throw what you have left in there.
Less trash to haul. :smiley:

No vitamins in sugar, and those are beneficial for the microbes as well.
Instead of buying stuff you can reduce your trash and save money.
Nothing needs to be delivered so less transport, which leads to less pollution.
No factories need to be created, more space for forest.
Etc.

4 Likes

When I first started growing only things I used was molasses and powdered kelp plants were pretty lush,

Just have to be careful with the kelp to much makes a plant turn crispy lol,
Now I just use big bloom and grow big half teaspoon each to a gallon of water and half teaspoon of Epsom salts

That’s what I feed my plants, little molasses and banana tea during the grow

But I don’t give the plants plain ph water

2 Likes

I tried brewing Lactic Acid Bacteria with Grandma’s molasses. Side by side against raw [dehydrated] fruit. The fruit batches were fully consumed in 2-3 days. The molasses batches did not consume the sugar in the first week, before being tossed out.

Cane molasses composition

No one is feeding their microbes molasses and benefiting from feeding their microbes molasses. They are feeding their root zone molasses, which results in feeding their roots lactic acid, and sweetening their buds with sucrose. Looking at everyones “fade” its very obvious sucrose is being left in the leaves of today’s crops. The plants are begging for it at the end of flower.

4 Likes

The part that nobody talks about is that sugar is phytotoxic.
phy·to·tox·ic

/ˌfīdəˈtäksik/

adjective

BOTANY

1. poisonous to plants.

2 Likes

Just throw in some figs and dates you silly people.

Maybe they’ll even sprout.

Boom, more covercrop.

Bonzai fig tree.

Just keep pruning it. (free extra mulch)

It grows more figs, they drop onto the soil, now you have a self sustaining source of carbohydrates.

:green_heart:

1 Like

I’ve used what I call dinosaur vomit, on everything outdoors, veggies, ornamentals
, outdoor container plants, and I never saw a plant NOT love the vomit!!

I’ve also added a tweak of molasses and ReCharge to it and the plants explode almost over night. The next day the hurl just fades into the path of nature. 2 days later after the vomit, no sign of it. All just kitchen scraps.

1 Like

Could use some covercrops! :nerd_face:

3 Likes