Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Happy Father’s Day all

6 Likes

Cooking for Dad and the next few days.

I have an Inkbird 2 probe wireless thing for the longer cooks. It’s ok the price was decent.

13 Likes

That salmon looks fuego :fire:

4 Likes

It was delightful! I usually look for the faults in my dishes so I can improve the next time, but that salmon was sooooo good I wouldn’t change a thing.

We’ve got a bunch of leftovers since it was a 4lb filet.

2 Likes

Happy Father’s Day.

My two best pics of the day.

15 Likes

Nicely done folks, I hope everyone had a great Father’s Day weekend…It looks like everyone ate well, I didn’t do anything fancy but I did cook outside…I got 2 freshly caught 10" bluegills in a foil packs and some veggies from my garden…yes folks, once in a while I do try and eat healthy…:wink:

12 Likes

My buddy is smoking/grilling this at his place for tonight’s growers night meeting at the bar…

12 Likes

Fajita night! Just need a rotted pineapple strain for dessert.

10 Likes

Nice, looks great. What cut of meat is that?

2 Likes

yum looks great! flank steak im pretty sure.

3 Likes

It is a flank. I also will use flat iron steaks for fajitas but i find them a lot less qt the butcher

3 Likes

Good night for grilling…

13 Likes

Cool … a grilling and smoking thread…
I will lay no claims to be a BBQ king but I do have a few smoker recipes that seem to delight all my friends and family.
Just so happens I am right at this minute waiting for a Pastrami brine to finish simmering and once it cools I will be brining a 3 or 4 pound piece of Venison that will brine for a week or so and then prepped for the smoker.
I also have 12 filets of Kokanee in a brine since yesterday that will come out tomorrow, dry for the day to glaze over and then into the smoker for a low and slow smoke to perfection.
I occasionally will prepare pork or chicken but for the most part this is a wild fish and game household whenever possible anyways.
Our outdoor grilling season is just getting under way up here at 52N in western Canada.
My inlaws are all arriving for Canada day weekend next week so I am preparing all their favorites for a few days of non stop piggin out hehehe
I’ll throw up some pics when the smoked fish and pastrami are done )

4 Likes

How did I miss this one here! I BBQ almost every day and smoke more meat than weed I smoke! < figuratively of course >
Now I have somewhere to post pics of my shenanigans :crazy_face:

19 Likes

@SHSC-1 … Venison Pastrami! Ill be right over! :drooling_face:

@PhilCuisine , you “might” eat more red meat than I do! Lol. Looks delish, as always!

@Indoornesian , great lookin cookin! Shots an brawts! Aw yeah!!!

5 Likes

@Tugthepup I love flank steak fajitas. Do you shread it with a fork? My roommate in Army shared his recipe w me 30yrs ago… fajitas and pico de gallo. Flank steak was sold as a undesirable cut and was CHEAP! Now holy shit youd think it was prime rib by the cost!

4 Likes

I actually eat more seafood, vegetables, fish and chicken bromigo…

12 Likes

I have never shredded it, but i bet that wpuld be amazing. I cut thin against the grain and try bring the thicker end up to 130b and pull.

2 Likes

Petition to make this the threads Theme Song haha

1 Like

Lot of inspiring pics in here!

I’m not much of a smoker, unless there was big fall blue fish run :slight_smile:, but grill at least a few times a week, year round!
The shack.
IMG_4829

Lump charcoal, no coal tar briquettes, some hickory, and chicken thighs.

14 Likes