Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Burgers, chicken skewers, and some ahi ahi…o and a brand new bbq. Scores.

9 Likes

I like the cheap ass BBQ with charcoal :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
But you have more room now.

3 Likes

I do as well, just got some briquettes for it. But my brother rolled up with this said here ya go. Couldn’t be better than free.55 and cooks top notch. Now I have a smoker a char bbq and a propane one. This is wicked. All were gifts from family. That little red one has been around for 11 or so years. Cooked a ton of good food on it :yum:

2 Likes

Utilizing it well huh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Shiny new grill, congrats.

2 Likes

Thanks Doug I’m really lit over it. Wooot

2 Likes

I’m smoking a couple bacon fatties tomorrow.
I’ll post some pics. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome man. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I bet, nothing like firing up a new grill and figuring out where the hot spots are. Good times.

2 Likes

It’s a change from the char coal…it was fun cooking the first time on it…new to propane here. Worked rather well. Very pleased with it.

3 Likes

Nice thing about a good 4 burner is you can also use it as a smoker. 2 burners on with metal pan of wood chips over them. Tin foil to cover it with holes poked in it. Brisket or whatever over the 2 burners that are off and you are all set.

2 Likes

We did that today with a packed log of pellets… had some extra from the traeger. That’s how we cold smoke stuff. We use the tubes with grate and pack them with pellets. They burn for 3, 6, and 9 hours. Only when cold out though… but yes that is going to be awesome to utilize like that man. Thanks for that. It’s got the skillet burner as well. Lucked the heck out today!

Edit didn’t smoke the whole thing lol. Just added some smoky flavor.

Will smoke more in the traeger**

3 Likes

O I see. Use the whole thing as a smoker. OK. Nice,… I have a smoker I need to do a brisket on soon.

1 Like

Can’t get any cheaper than these…thinking of getting 1 more cheap ass grill for my camper.

7 Likes

The kamado and the kettle running today :grin:
Bacon weave fatty with beans (molasses and ham)

I had to stitch up one fatty that was losing it’s innards :smile:

Wings on the kettle!
With a new wing sauce I’m trying out.

Here’s a link for how to make a fatty if anyone wants to try it.:v:

9 Likes

Marinated chicken thigh, tomatoes/yellow squash topped w/cheese and hot dogs…

7 Likes

I need a new grill. The old Weber kettle is falling apart. Had it quite some time, maybe 10 years? On current ones the metal is flimsier and the spot welds shallow. My leg-body welds failed, then adding screws saved it for another year, now the vent blades are falling off. Not interested in another Weber.

I don’t really need a smoker, as I have a large BGE, but wouldn’t mind a combo offset/grill that I could use with wood or charcoal for regular grilling, so that’s what I’m looking for. No gas for me. Not sure what is good. There are several high quality smoker mfrs in my state, but I don’t want a $2500 unit, so I’m looking at cheaper stuff. Prefer USA made if possible. 500-700 $

Grilled up some burgers, portobello mushrooms, and some teriyaki and BBQ bobs.

6 Likes

6 Likes

More ahi ahi and a nice stogie, :+1: also some good coke. :cup_with_straw:

3 Likes