Overfed? My best guess. Nope, probably mites. THRIPS, THRIPS THRIPS

All I sound was eggs, I’ll give the undersides a spray of oil/dish soap/water.

Stick the plants outside and freeze them bastards off. I’d wanna die

1 Like

Yah the problem is you need to be absolutely sure of what they are so you can treat it accordingly. I get an alcohol soaked piece of toilet paper and wipe that over the leaf. See what kind of shit gets stuck on there.

1 Like

The first time I found things crawling on my plants years ago I tossed them out in the snow. Now that I know more I would have wiped them off and left the seeds to ripen. Lost that strain when I could have managed it.

Did it, got some black blobs about twice the width of the paper fibers. No bugs though.

1 Like

Canadians, lol.

1 Like

It looks a lot like mite damage. You can get rid of them without killing plants. I have done both. Thrown some out, but saved others.

It takes persistance. You have to spray every few days. I also used some predator mites. They can wipe some shit out.

Good luck with whatever it is. If you can isolate them from your other plants, do it and just let them finish.

As for the clones. Run them under hot water for a few minutes, it will wash 70%+ off. Then use an alcohol soak wipe to wipe the leafs top and bottom. Wipe the stem and where branches connect. That is a favorite hiding place of theirs.

1 Like

was gonna say hemp russet mites because their so tiny you can even miss them with a jewelers loupe but i dont see any webbing. and then i googled and hemp russet mites dont leave webbing… so thats my guess. and they are one of the biggest pain in the ass to deal with

i would strip every leaf off and wipe all the stems with tissue and try and let the seeds ripen if you are adament about saving them.

as for all the veg plants and clones such a tough call but you can battle them and maybe win. sorry for the unfortunate luck.

Blockquote Hemp russet mites

The best thing to say about hemp russet mites is that they leave no webbing. That is the only quality they have, unfortunately – in every other sense, they’re awful.

Hemp russet mites are the smallest of the common mites, so they can really only be seen with a microscope. They also have only two legs, rather than the six that broad or red mites sport. As they are relatively slow climbers, they will usually crawl their way up into the plant – leaving a trail of brown, burnt damage behind.

Blockquote

I have yet to find an adult, from memory I think I saw one a couple of days ago. I did see two types of eggs. One type almost black, the other I did not know if it was an egg until I saw this picture. I think I saw the exoskeleton also.

1 Like

These were mines, two spotted mites … :anguished:

1 Like

Dr zymes did nothing to my spidermites,thrips, aphids, and russets. Only reason I keep it around is that it’s great for powdery mildew control. Doesn’t kill it though.it’s good for late flower pm as zymes leaves no taste to finished product. Purecrop1 did not do anything to spidermites as well. Try jms stylet oil. If you won’t smoke the flower and it’s just for seed try jms stylet oil. It will kill pistils tho. I have grandevo as well but never tried it in spidermites.
You can try ogbiowar foliar and root pack as a foliar and see if that helps but that will affect finished product as well

1 Like

fkin things are NASTY, when I had them it was because 2 lousy clones that I should have inspected and kept aside for 2 weeks I made the biggest mistake in my life…

1 Like

I have used Dr. Zymes. It does work. You just need to spray every other day. Depending on the infestation, it can take 4 weeks or more.

They start laying eggs after 3 days and lay them every day until the die about 5 weeks later. Spraying every other day kills the adults and young ones. It takes time because they hide in areas, lay eggs that have yet to hatch. Spider mites do like to migate towards the canopy for fresh food. They use the stalk as their highway.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the perpetrator but I found a couple on a leaf. Translucent, pretty fast movers, I managed to see one on the top of a leaf and spayed it with alcohol. It did not fair to well after that. Drew the body line a little narrower as I was a little wide. The leaf is about an inch and a half wide.

Everyone’s got the cure…but it cures nothing and you’re back to square one

Seriously, if you have mites, dust diatomaceous earth everywhere…all over your plants, soil, pots, the room…everywhere! Organic, people/pet friendly, cheap and available.
Leave the dust everywhere for a few days (mite egg hatching cycle length of time) and rinse off/wipe/brush up. Ugly as fuck to look at for a few days, but say goodbye to your mite problem.

1 Like

Upon your description it looks like a springtail, that would be a good notice … :sweat_smile:

A little different than that, mind you there probably are multiple varieties. Or different stages. Mind did not seem to have the six legs visible, just the two front ones. Maybe the back ones folded up with the 70% alcohol. Also no harry back, looked like a bodybuilder, all smooth and shiny.

Looked them up, close enough for this cowboy. Whether I have others, we will leave that for another day.

@tappy, thank you for the suggestion. Before today I had no idea what pest I had, which way I should treat them. Getting close to harvest I did not want to start throwing the kitchen sink at them. At least I am convinced I have the springtails.

1 Like

Cant really mistake springtails, they jump like crazy

like this?

2 Likes

Again… nematodes. They work!