OverGrow Magnetic Logo 3D Printed!

@Neoangelo147 nice job on the design and print quality on the logo, very professional!!

Just out of curiosity, what CAD software do you prefer and which printer did you use?

Just wanted to post a little helpful info on my threaded seed pucks. Anyone that has got them from me here is a quick way to make labels for them . Avery 3/4” circle labels work great and their website has a web based customized you can use to create the labels out custom logos etc.

Labels in use on the threaded pucks.

Labels printed
Just some tips when first printing the labels for the first time. Test print using normal paper and put it on top of a Avery Sheet. If you hold it up to the light you can see the test print come through to make sure the labels line up. This will save you from wasting label paper. Also make sure when printing you do not select scale up on your print settings. Make sure to keep original size. One more tip make sure all your drivers for you printer are installed from printer manufacturer. I was having alignment issues with printing using generic printer drivers for Windows OS that automatically get installed. After I installed the drivers from the Printer manufacturer website all alignment issues were resolved.

6 Likes

Hey man thanks for the kind words.

I started 3d printing and designing about 4 years ago now. When I started I was using a web base software called Tinkercad. If you are just learning this the best place to start. Once you start getting the idea you can try out Fusion360 which a lot more detailed but allows for a quicker and more precise designing.

As for my printers. I run all Creality brand printers. I’ve had all these printers from the start and all of them have been modified from the boards, firmware (TH3d Firmware), build plate and a few other upgrades here and there. I have the following models in my print farm.

Ender 3 S1 Pro
Ender 5
Ender 5 Plus
Ender 3

I have mostly a bunch of the Ender 3’s. All the printers run a BL-Touch and Pei Flexible sheet for the bed. I run most of my printers with a 0.6 nozzle for bigger prints and more detailed prints I use 0.4 nozzle.

If you ever have any questions about 3d printing or modeling just hit me up. I’ve had 4 years of trial and error when it comes to working with these things so I would love to share the knowledge.

Oh and for my slicer software I use Cura.

10 Likes