Ozone vs co2 for bugs

I’ve seen multiple sites on Google recommending co2 or ozone for dealing with spider mites.

Anyone had success with either? Which do you prefer and which is more effective

The main reason I’m asking is id prefer somthing that can be done during mid to late flowering

1 Like

C02 won’t kill mites ozone will I believe.
Up to early flower suplher burns work well not advisable to do once in bud .

3 Likes

The pages I was reading about co2 on said super high ppm for like an hour every few days for a while cause it basically doesn’t let them breath oxygen lol.

Sulphur burn in my tent in the spare room beside the girlfriends clothes seems like a good way to get castrated

I wonder if one if the cheap dinky ozone generators would be enough?

1 Like

Releasing a full container of carbon dioxide into a sealed grow set-up will killall mites and insects. But, don’t be in the room while the CO2 is being released! It would be enough to KILL YOU! I haveseen this technique of bringing the CO2 to 10,000 ppm for 15 minutes to kill all pests.Feb. 23, 2012
I stand corrected just found this with a quick google search.

2 Likes

Yea I did more research and it seems ozone will keep them away but not kill them.

One guy recommended putting your plants in bags somewhere safe (for you) sucking out most of the oxygen with an air pump then opening a co2 tank and inflating the bags with it. Then leave it for awhile

1 Like

I thought I had seen @Pedro_Bann working with CO2 and bags some time ago, and I found it

3 Likes

Thats sweet! He did basically the same thing I was reading!

1 Like

Did it work for you @Pedro_Bann ? I’m getting destroyed by mights 3/4 into flower

1 Like

Yep it worked incredibly well.
Edit for more info: I would recommend going for more time in the CO2 I think I had a few stragglers in the end.

2 Likes

Did you re do it a few days later for any eggs that may have hatched?

No but I should have

I simply run ozone a few minutes a week in my room. Bug free, mold free, and just far better now.

5 Likes

I have gnats and will be trying to run it for 10min twice a week.

I have UV ozone light in an intake box and that is pumped into a 2x2x3’ high tent with a 4” fan.

I have no idea what the concentration I’ll be getting but I feel like it may not be that high and that it’s not going to stick around in the box for very long after those 10min.

I almost want to try it every day but I’m a lil nervous about killing the plants.

1 Like

What are you using to generate ozone?

1 Like

I keep a two milk bottle/yeast setup at the base of all plants, all season, outdoors, works awesome, just add fresh yeast sugar water once a week

As far s killing insects, co2 makes a plume that when detected, they remember where and don’t go back. Yes Ozone kills, because of no Oxygen*. co2 is a super strong deterrent.

Scott et al., 2001). Suh et al. (2004) were able to confirm the identity of the CO2 neurons by showing that although wild-type flies innately avoid even small increases of CO2 in a t-maze,

Got it off of Amazon. Been good to me.
Edit: hahaha don’t mind my nasty feet :rofl:

1 Like

That should do it. If it doesn’t, add a day, not minutes. You will know if you over do it…just pay attention if that happens, and cut back. Better to go slow, then fast and kill plants.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Thanks, I did put it up to 15min and I think it has been fine but after your comment I lowered it back down to 10min and now m/w/f instead of twice a week… still some gnats so we’ll see

2 Likes