Paintedfire studio šŸ”„ šŸ–Œ

I like your style and how you cull plants as well. I think we have similar ideas and strategies in this regard. If Iā€™m not confusing you with someone else I noticed in your journal you cull out the plants that donā€™t play nicely with the rest in terms of feeding. I am the same way. If itā€™s not vigorous or if itā€™s finnicky or runty or mutanty I usually just get rid of them. Not always but usually. Lol my current flower run I popped 16 seeds and only ended up flowering 2.

The worst is when they donā€™t show any nute sensitivity until 2 weeks into flower lol. Thatā€™s the worst because itā€™s too late to turn back and then I got no choice but to give them what they need.

12 Likes

Yeah, sounds like me. I canā€™t be bothered to coddle specific plants in of a group. Itā€™s just not worthwhile to me to keep plants that donā€™t play well with others, with a few notable exceptions like pure Haze.

12 Likes

Do you have any tips for feeding hazes and other long flowering sativas? Itā€™s uncharted waters for me but Iā€™d like to try soon.

6 Likes

I wish I did. In my experience they are very light feeders, and the only way Iā€™ve been really successful with them is when growing them in lightly amended organic soil. When I grow them in coco, itā€™s always a race to the finish line, lol. This summer Iā€™m hoping to monocrop some and try to dial it in.

10 Likes

Ok thatā€™s good to know because Iā€™m in coco as well. Iā€™ve heard people say in general feed about half strength but Iā€™m wondering are they particularly nitrogen sensitive or is it the pk?

It kind of makes sense because if you compared a 4 ft narrow leaf sativa with a 4 ft broad leaf indica the indica will have a lot more plant mass in general not only from leaf size but more compact growth. Kind of like how a 5 ft tall 110 lbs asian lady wonā€™t need as many calories as a 7 ft tall 290 lbs scandanavian giant lmao.

12 Likes

Careful with that shrimp addiction . Led me down a long expensive road ending up at this.

12 Likes

haha ooh is that an arowana? thatā€™s the endgame for any aquarium keeper lol!

7 Likes

I have some purpling showing on the stem of my revegged Caramel Candy Kush mom. Anyone know exactly what it means?

Not enough N? Not enough P? Not enough Ca? Iā€™ve seen purpling stems and petioles blamed on all 3 but never really knew for sure or cared much. The plants are always happy and healthy all the way up to harvest but I think itā€™s time for me to really try to get these dialed in, especially them damn burnt tips that appear on day 12 every time. Iā€™ve tried multiple various changes to my feed and nothing seems to help that.

12 Likes

Sun protection and a couple other things like genes, possible slight deficiencyā€¦ but if they are healthy, which they look it, I wouldnā€™t worry about it ā€¦

Thereā€™s a million answers to every question but what do the plants say to you? Are they sad? Doesnā€™t look it lol :wink::wink::sunglasses:

12 Likes

Ainā€™t that the truth! million answers to every question especially in growing haha.

Nah they arenā€™t sad but I would love to get them dialed in to perfection. Especially the burnt tips on day 12 of flower. They can make the most beautiful plant ugly in a pic. Anyone know what is the exact cause?

7 Likes

That little yellowing on the very tippy tip ends is normal and I might see one leaf in the pic thatā€™s normalā€¦

Just run them regularly and when they get sad their might be more answers lol

What is she drinking and how much?

8 Likes

I feel pretty light in general, never go much above 700 ppm and Iā€™m in the range of 400 ppm towards the end of flower. Which boggles my mind because I see folks feeding 1000ppm + with no problems.

I feed 6/9 Micro/Bloom Flora Series in veg with 1 gram of epsom and 1 ml of calimagic and half ml of floralicious plus.

Same feed in flower but I drop the micro down throughout flower and add some liquid koolbloom as the micro getā€™s lowered.

7 Likes

Looks like bruising, did you have a wire on those points, where its purple?

Could be a touch of K deficiency, I sometimes mistake burn for it, but isf you are using bottled nutes and your PH is good then I doubt it.

Whats your humidity like atm. If you are like my buddy near peace river his humidity is always low, so they uptake more nutes with all the extra water they have to suck up which causes burn.

6 Likes

Excellent point about the bruising. You know I think you may be right about that, thatā€™s exactly where the wire thing was previously.

pH is good but to be honesty Iā€™m never exactly sure what is the prime optimal pH for coco. Everyone has a different answer so I bounce it around by a point or two when watering. 5.6-5.9 but mostly 5.7 and 5.8.

Humidity is between 45 and 55.

4 Likes

Regarding purple stems Iā€™ve been told temp fluctuations is the main cause for this !
For instance my room runs 79/82 lights on , lights off I was extracting air dropping temps to 71 every plant had purple stems !

I quit extracting air and kept the temp at 77/78 purple stems disappeared plus they look happier not sure if itā€™s due to the c02 staying at 1400 ppm along with only a couple degree temp difference but definitely a improvement in growth and looks !

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a great point and could also be the cause I guess.

My room goes from about 70-75 during lights off to 80/82 with lights on. Iā€™m at the point where I need to run the dehu at night now so that should reduce the temp fluctuations some. Iā€™ll keep that in mind for future reference but I think those purpling spots on that specific plant pictured above I think was because of the wires bruising as Shadey has stated.

Thanks you guys for the input so far. :thumbsup: :pray:

4 Likes

The Doc Holiday x C99 are starting to show sex already. I like the fact they are showing preflowers early and while still in 1 gallon pots. Plants that take a while to reveal their gender can be a bummer when space is limited. Iā€™m 99% confident the first one is a female and the 2nd one is a male. :scissors: :scissors: :scissors:

18 Likes

Distinctive jagged look to those leavesā€¦looks like the cindy influence showing.

5 Likes

You look right on both of them, brother and sister.

4 Likes

I had a closer look last night. Thereā€™s 2 dudes and 3 ladies. Since this is my first time growing this strain I wonā€™t be doing any chucking with it so the dudes got cut. :scissors: :knife:

I am going to transplant the 3 ladies up to 2 gallon pots this afternoon when the lights come on.

4 Likes