Paps Octopots grow

@goatrock I got the 6 gallon I do not fill them all the way I maybe use 4.5 to 5 gallon of pro mix (I have a low ceiling hight Every inch helps
I did not by the fridge thing don’t need it works fine
I waited way to long to get them they are amazing this is my 2 Nd run with them there’s a little learning curve but easiest way to grow
It’s like set it and forget it lol
They Just keep drinking and they love it
Don’t hesitate just do it
They are very well made
Enjoy

6 Likes

I took the plunge and did it! Just ordered 6 Octopots for $251. That’s just $41. each. Next is an LED Thanks for the help and the push.

6 Likes

@goatrock that’s a great price you won’t regret it
In 4 Octopot my first grow I scrogged it I pulled 20 zips
I only got 4 wish I had the room for more

You will love them

7 Likes

Congrats on becoming a great grower(the octopot just made you one). Use good loose soil, good ferts or a living soil, and one huge dosage of LITFA and you will kill it in the pots Get a good LED, like not Mars, lol. The Octo’s will use all the light you can offer to them. Hope you post up a thread when you start to run them. Papa here can help you set up, he knows what works and does not work in those pots you bought. He runs LED too I believe…Mars …LMAO!!! Sorry Pap’s! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks @Jetdro. You were my original inspiration to get the Octopots. I searched all over Youtube to find a way to build them myself, but came up short. For LED’s I was thinking Solstrips, but now I’m leaning toward Spyderfarmer LED. Found them on Amazon. It uses Samsung chips and has lots of good reviews. Soon I will be styling. LOL. Take care and happy growing.

4 Likes

Hit up Mr. Sparkles and look into building your own with Bridgelux stuff.

2 Likes

I got the Spyder farmer 2000 in my 2x2 breeding tent. Awesome for veg, and looking great so far in flower, 1st grow with it, but loving it so far

5 Likes

@HaRdRoC how expensive was it ? I need one for a 24 x 24 tent as well is it full spectrum ?

1 Like

Yes it’s full spectrum

3 Likes

Octopots are the bomb, you can’t go wrong with them, think it has been 6 or 7 years since I made the switch, yields easily doubled. Just invested in some LEDs myself, heat was literally killing my plants lol. So far so good, do not notice difference in growth, but sure took the temps down.

6 Likes

Just a heads up. If you buy the Octopots, don’t buy from Amazon. The prices there are outrageous. Over $400.00. I bought from the Octopot site and the price was $252.00 for 6 6-gallon Octo’s with shipping included.

15 Likes

I was looking at them yesterday, but I don’t think they ship to Canada…

1 Like

@HaRdRoC go to there web site order direct there great people I am sure they can ship up north

@goatrock I another forum I was the test case I started clones in the Octopot with there doom thing ( a plastic bag with some wire lol 26 bucks for 4 I believe lol ) took too long and some clones did not make it
The best way is to have rooted clones at about 3 weeks in solo cups they take about a week to hit the Rez then watch out amazing growth will happen right before your eyes!!!
My madberry in the threat I started from fem seeds 3 weeks in solo from seed then into the Octopot still slow
One thing I use pro mix ( I followed @Gardenartus lead ) no nutritional value in it so I feed every watering also mix soil with 25 % or better of perlite course irks better there’s institutions
Find a good fertilizer (I use urban farms vegetable food every thing they need in veg for flowering I use there garden of Eden a little goes a long way 1 tea spoon per gal ) and a bloom buster
Pease

7 Likes

@Papalag It is full spectrum. Here’s the link… https://www.spider-farmer.com/products/sf-1000-led-grow-light

2 Likes

Hi Paps
Just on my first grow with octopot,
Using nurse pail outside tent for watering, gravity feed to a main header on a float to adjust level, then feeds into plants,
I’m having a hard time finding feeding rates for a octopot, or is it no different than a hydroponic feeding program.
I love love the simplicity, but have you compared growth rates between a feed to waste and an octopot?

5 Likes

@Rob Keep it simple less is better this is my 2 Nd run and I did over feed the first time ,way too much n in the finish
Ppm is very important ! (I use urban farms veg food this shit has everything the plant needs in veg and I’ve had zero issues using it ) I started off @ 500 ppm and went up a bit in the transition from veg to flower ppm was about 650 ish then switch to bloom in the 3 rd week( I use garden of Eden also urban farms) I started to add fox farm bloom enhancers only at 1/4 teaspoon( beastie bloomtill week 5 ) per gal and 1 teaspoon of goe
Note in flower is we’re I screwed up the first time the flowering neuts were way too strong @Jetdro and @ifish could explain it a bit better so hopefully they’ll speak up if the #s are a bit off About week 6 Throu week 7 ,I increased the GOE to 1& 1/4 and 1/4 teaspoon of fox farms cha chine
And week 8 and 9 I will pushed to 2 teaspoon per gal the last two weeks back down to 1 tea spoon per gal no bloom enhancers from this point on
The plant loves slow and steady no fast and hard can stress them out remember let the plants alone once you have it dialed in @Jetdro hopefully you can make corrections it needs be
Peace

6 Likes

You will want to feed EVERY watering. Steady rates for the plant serves her best. Since you feed every fill up. levels need to be low. Depends upon what your using. ifish and I use Urban Farms Texas Vegetable Food in veg. Bottle will call for tablespoon per gallon, we run it at 1 teaspoon per gallon. Less is more.

Good choice on your Octo, how many you got, what soil mix is in them, what is your feed, RO or tap water, and what is your lighting??

3 Likes

Jetdro
I’ve got 4 octo in one tent was going to do a side by side with octo and feed to waste in my other tent. I’m from Alberta so I was trying to buy Canadian nutes from Green Planet. But basically I’m doing half of what they say to use.
Using 60\40 coco\ perlite, RO water, its about 480 TDS with 3rd week nutes . Running 400 watts MH (my old shop light).

3 Likes

Papalag
That’s alot of info, I have to digest it for a bit. Lol
I hear you on the over feed, first grow I did absolutely everything wrong, I think I was even getting tomatoes.lol

2 Likes

Hay bro just keep everything simple I believe in the system
And it works
@Jetdro and @ifish put me on the right path iam an old soil guy so this is new to me and I am seeing great results

3 Likes