All Gas OG 2023

“Captain’s log. Stardate 4513.3. After having been taken over by an android, the Enterprise has been under way at warp seven for four days. Now we are entering orbit around a planet which has never been charted.”

Greetings OG!

This is my 3x3 raised bed grow on its third cycle. I used a horizonal soil system to fill it up I learned from Leighton Morrison on a YouTube video.
This is my first attempt. The video explains it better than I ever could. I do have a few notes that may help.

It’s basically a three layer system. Bottom layer is one part, middle layer is two parts, top layer is four parts.

My side walls are 18 in so I broke it down as follows. 2.5 " bottom layer 5" middle 10" top or organic layer

Bottom layer is 2.5" tall filled with various jagged rocks anywhere from half inch to 3 in. He specified jagged. Then cover that with coarse sand and water it down.

Middle layer is 5" tall, 50% course sand, 20% clay, 20% organic matter.

Top layer is 10" tall, organic layer. Choose your soil mix.

I’ve been using Great lakes water only soil, some extra ffof soil I have laying around, and some organic garden soil, mixed with rice hulls and some perlite. 10 or 15 gallons of worm compost. Also some nature’s living soil and some bokashi.

37 Likes

Welcome! Looking good and natural!!

3 Likes

Oh EXCELLENT!!

I have looked at this approach a few months ago, I’ll be following your grow for sure! :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I look forward to seeing the horizontal system. Big fan of Leighton Morrison.

5 Likes

This was the 2nd run and best so far
Humboldt seed co All Gas OG and Rocbuds Platinum City Runtz.
The All Gas smells the best and is my favorite.
(upload://bZDUFYs7k9BCu45676ByoJaZiLn.jpeg)

The Platinum City Runtz was dense sticky greasy buds with a bit of purple

37 Likes

Killer looking plants @RadioWaves they really seem to like the mix you made up! Excited to follow your journey

5 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Currently have a Blueberry cupcake and 3 Ave of Giants at 3 weeks into flower.

17 Likes

Awesome to see more and more organic growers! Thank you for joining!
Will be watching. :sunglasses:

What is the plastic thing in the middle of the bed, a worm tower you dump kitchenscraps in?

3 Likes

Looking frosty :yum: :eyes:
Nice thanks for the description!!

1 Like

Yes. It’s a cover on a wire mesh basket to allow the worms to feed in the dark

2 Likes

Day 39 of flowering

18 Likes

Very nice looking.

1 Like

What a beautiful sight! :star_struck:

I see some clover going on there too. :+1:

1 Like

Blueberry cupcake 48 f

Avenue of giants

25 Likes

Blueberry cupcake down at 67 days of flower

22 Likes

Gorilla glue #4 up next

12 Likes

Glad you had such a beautiful harvest, enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you

https://youtu.be/AN_R4pR1hck

1 Like

Oh fuck yeah, hahahaha, thank you for sharing! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :upside_down_face:

1 Like