Passive air intake in grow tent ventilation

I’m obsessed with airflow.

For example my 4x4 which usually is running 12/12 has:

1. 1x 6" inline fan with single port vented outdoors (highest velocity out)
  2. 1x 6" inline fan with a “y” adaptor pulling from 2x ports (on either side of the tent) vented outdoors.
  3. 1x 6" inline fan pushing air into a port at the bottom of the tent.
  4. 1x 4" passive ducting in a “U” bend (for light lock) on the opposing side of the tent (from the active in)
  5. 2x passive “rectangle” vent ports with homemade light-baffle that adheres to the tent’s built in hook’n’loop strips for these ports.
  6. 1x 8" hurricane fan acting as a “ceiling fan” in the tent cycling hot air down.
  7. 1x 6" hurricane fan on tent-left directed on the left side plants.
  8. 1x tower fan mounted horizontally on tent-right directed at the right side plants.

I ramped up to this over the years of growing and my only limiting factor is power usage and space :rofl:

2 Likes

Would these type of filters also effectively block light from entering through the passive ducts?

Nice detail on your air flow set up @Pigeonman and reminds me that my own awareness of the subject will evolve as I gain more more experience and dial it in.

2 Likes

I do the same and rubber band/zip tie it on.

Same here but turn it horizontal. Nice and dark between the tent and a wall.

3 Likes

I don’t use a intake fan. I create negative pressure on the room and let it do the work. I know it’s right when I can take a piece of paper under the outside of the grow room door and it sucks it tight. No smell escapes the room fresh air always drawn in.

1 Like

A good rule of thumb for negative pressure is 4:1 volume of air out versus in. My intake is on the lowest setting and both exhausts near their max.

1 Like

All purpose!

4 Likes