Pest identification

@KanehB

2 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2: exactly :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Can I find this in Canada? In say a local Hygro shop or am I going to have to “Mission Impossible” a purchase of this stuff? :sweat_smile:🥲

1 Like

Ps. I’d doesn’t work when wet… water plants from the bottom. Cover tops of containers with DE and that’s it.

3 Likes

So awesome! :heart_eyes:

I Love’s me a trip to the Canadian Tire! :woman_farmer:t3:

1 Like

You from East Coast? Your usage of the word
“Loves” has a distinctive read to it.

2 Likes

Ontario….not far from Owen Sound. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha OK cool. :+1:
Pss. Wear a mask when using DE, it’s like baby powder. Unless you like sniffing that kinda :smirk:

2 Likes

Uhhh no, I’ll be wearing a mask. :mask:
Safety first.

Thanks for the help. :+1:t2:

Enjoy your evening. :grin:

I’m a bit late here but sand and the sticky traps work great. Perlite can work in a pinch, I’ve used it for minor gnat problems.

@Wizzlez , anytime I try and source beneficial nematodes people look at me like I’m speaking a different language. I cannot find them locally :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m going to try some homemade sticky traps before I go crazy with anything else, I’d like to see how many of these guys I have and where they are concentrated.

I’m a diy’er & I prefer to recycle whenever I can soooo I’m going to try a super trap my mom used to make, with some minor modifications first. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the info, also, better late than never. :wink:

1 Like

I had them and with a bit or research found out that using 1/3 hydrogen peroxide to 2/3 water with two drops of dawn dishwashing liquid. Pouring it in the pot, let it set 5 min, then flushing, kills the larvae and airrates the soil. Good luck.

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

I’ve bookmarked for (likely near) future reference. :bookmark:

I appreciate the information. :+1:t2:

Have a blessed day. :v:t2:

If you’re anywhere near a farm supply store like UFA you can grab diatomaceous earth for around $25 for 30 lbs or $40 for 50 lbs.

The doctor doom stuff is horribly overpriced

1 Like

You can get fungus gnats growing in pure perlite. Ask me how I know lol.

To be fair, you’re still right, significantly less of them than other mediums. Has a hard time getting “out of control”. Gnats just seem to love wet soft media, coco and soil especially.

2 Likes

Hey guys tried creating a topic on OG. Wouldnt let me.
Seems too large to be a pest…

1 Like

I’ll post again and bump it to the top. Maybe someone knows.

1 Like

Sharp focus on the bug in question will help. No way to tell what it is in your original photo.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can find another one and get a better photo. Thanks for the reply @buzzmobile

1 Like

According to the legs and two section body looks like a thrips for me hum|nullxnull, do you notice any irregular scratching marks on the leaves? beer3|nullxnull

Captura

2 Likes