Photos - How to post with different digital footprint

I second what you said. No one is arsed about personal growers. Unless you’re a dickhead elsewhere in life. And the police are out to get you. That’s no one’s fault but your own though if that’s the case lol

4 Likes

With respect my former usa state of residence hands down mandatory minimum 1-5 for a single plant and the years expand from there.

Even a single joint in double bag is considered distribution and if there are more than a few people with you it becomes drug conspiracy, and that is just in the united states.

I think I al being misread: Nowhere in here or anywhere else have I suggested a single piece or metadata ALONE has brought anyone down and I dont believe it would.

But “they arent looking for the personal grower” you have never been where im from they absolutely are and I know friends who were indicted after power company narced on them even though bill was paid because it showed 12/12.

Not every place is the same and I will specify here so it is black and white for anyone to read if you make a mistake with what you post its not like in the 70s where everyone is going to forget, its there forever. So yes I am most likely not on watch now, and lord willing neither are any of you all nice weed folk, but if that changes and there is a hansel and gretel esque trail of evidence breadcrumbs how is complacency and not looking it up have more value than avoiding that fate?

I see my end game: don’t go to prison. If you need weed or whatever it is to live and you go to prison for having it, your life is at risk to stay alive all the time, I thought people here could understand that enough to drop hubris and willful ignorance enough to protect themselves.

I guess in theory even if all is done right with the upload, if OG server is raided even on trumped up charge and someone rolls and gives them ip log none of that matters.

1 Like

This I agree with. But I’m still of the impression. If you’re that arsed about getting caught you wouldn’t be posting online in the first place.

7 Likes

Yes, we are automatically removing metadata before saving photos and publishing them. Stripping them away is part of upload process.

As security precaution, all member (trust level 2+) IP addresses are deleted from our database few hours after they log off. They are kept only during logged in session.

Just a note: I haven’t seen any drug case based on evidence from IP logs or online photos. In reality it is much simpler to get a search warrant and seize grow equipment and live plants. This is much easier for judge or jury to comprehend than anything from cyberworld.

Exactly… There is nothing like peace of mind…

7 Likes

Ok full disclosure all cards on the table I am in a place in my life where even with feds carrying machine guns came in with an army of their lawyers I finally can say I will be fine so here goes a photo from logging in with not anything masking IP with regular camera file to see if OG does anything different with the metadata. After it uploads I will download and compare the two files and see if anything says anything of concern that I can see.

This is a bowl with weed in it I smoked, many are like it this one is mine:

(weed has a little blue to it takes fruity and delightful and I gets high from it boi):

2 Likes

You can check it online…
Just put image url https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/48e6602474dc7334282f426adad52fd3e2995bed
into metadata viewer: http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi

6 Likes