Phylos - I cant believe this!

Corporate wants always get legislated into law :joy:

2 Likes

Man…if Blackrock is in it, they don’t lose. Free growers like us will keep the seed free, despite best efforts of big money. But there is money to be made.

Soros wants all the regs.

I’ve got so many regs, my great-great grandkids will be chopping males.

13 Likes

I believe the freakers landrace preservation is probably the most important for the coming restrictions

9 Likes

Fair enough. Always going to be us pirates around

7 Likes

What is this?

Arrrrrr, matey! :pirate_flag::seedling::skunk:

6 Likes

https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/991

2 Likes

Keep on keeping on!

1 Like

Effin’ eh! Would love to participate in that! Groovy, man!

1 Like

@Upstate or @Guitarzan would be a good place for info

3 Likes

I’ve got like 100 strains in long term cold storage so they can suck it.

10 Likes

Shit…lol…I just posted in the thread…will let it ride and see who responds. Or should I reach out to upstate or guitarzan directly?

2 Likes

I’d let it ride. I saw you just posted over there and thought to myself wow that was fast!

4 Likes

This has been beaten to death.

Most large scale farmers and growers use commercial varieties. Just because the Midwest farmer is growing 20 square miles of hybrid patented corn seed, does not mean you can’t buy landrace oaxacan green corn.

Just because most greenhouses grow commercial tomato varieties, doesn’t mean you can’t buy heirloom tomato seeds.

They aren’t mutually exclusive concepts.

17 Likes

Hey there. We are always looking for Preservers to join the Freakers😁. If you are interested I’ll vouch for you.

7 Likes

True. This is why landraces are so important to preserve. They belong to the people and will always be reg m/f. It’s also why getting rare pure genetics out there to the people is so important. It’s a big undertaking trying to preserve as much of a genepool as possible before hybrids overtake another country. Many hands make light work as they say. Not many people are capable by themselves of preserving 2,000 plants to effectively preserve every characteristic a landrace has. But finding 200 people to preserve 10 plants each…that’s doable. What we need is a network for sharing these small batches long term, so that unrelated lines can freely mingle to keep inbred depression from occurring. That’s in part why the Freakers exist. To get seeds into the hands of like minded people.

20 Likes

Very interested! I said it in the freaker thread, but a 16 week flower time isn’t a problem. I would just need the seeds by end of March. Very excited to participate in this!!

6 Likes

Start thinking about what you want to grow and let either myself or @Guitarzan know. He has the strain list, but I have alot unlisted @Tappy

6 Likes

Yes, but if something can be bred to be a triploid and sterile you can bet science will back those studies for government controlled crops, cannabis is one of those crops. Agriculture and government regulations go Hand in hand. The reason they put quotas in place and only certain people get licensed to produce a certain amount. Yes you can get natural corn from Oaxaca but it’s getting harder to import an export anything because of supply chain and cost of importing issues, especially now that gas is getting ridiculous and make it not feasible to ship long distances without charging higher prices, making it more likely for people to go with what they know and have easily accessible and things are only getting worse. It is completely plausible to think that government will try to control the flow of anything. There is a reason most people have zero clue what real corn even looks like. What they don’t know won’t hurt them and then it becomes the norm

2 Likes

Let them do that, then.

The existence of sterile female seed has no impact on the seeds I grow. Or you grow.

Oaxacan green corn seed is $5/packet. Nothing stopping anyone from growing it. It may not be commercially viable, but it’s there.

4 Likes

It’s not about now it’s about the future. The reason we have a seed bank hoarding all the seed. Control the food, control the people.

1 Like