Planned server migration 02/01/2021 - COMPLETED

Push notifications on mobile are not supported at the moment. We would need to register our own app at the store probably or use some paid 3rd party service. Developing our own would need some manpower. I’m not sure if there would be enough interest in such feature.

Would you use push forum notifications for mobile?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

I sent you a PM

1 Like

i second that! it would be one of a very few apps im ready to pay for :smiley:

3 Likes

Id probably pay 1.99 or 2 99 for an og app. I have 0 knowledge of what goes into it though.

1 Like

Pretty sure the app asked me if I wanted push notifications in a pop up, a few times, until I said yes. Makes sense that they aren’t supported though, because I havent received any since I told it yes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @LemonadeJoe, can’t appreciate having OG as a resource enough. Money’s tight at the moment but when times perk up I’ll be donating to the cause.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your comments and wishes!

UPDATE

Planned downtime will start 2021-02-01T08:00:00Z. The site will be either read-only or inaccessible for a few hours.

20 Likes

Best of luck with a smooth migration.

1 Like

Its not really an app. Its more a front door for the browser with og only. Not sure if that makes sense lol :thinking: :joy:

6 Likes

Would the webpage continue to be fully supported if an OG app was created?

3 Likes

Yes, of course. Web is the top priority for me. Mobile app would be just an add-on.

7 Likes

I use Chrome on my phone and get push notifications. Desktop also.

2 Likes

Hell yes as a professional ops nerd this is great news!! Go OG!!

3 Likes

that is like 9:00 PM EST :frowning:

2 Likes

sorry guys, I kind of didn’t get it. is there an app?

1 Like

Still not :sweat:, I’m afraid people who still are in the 20th century labrat are winning the poll, come on w00t|nullxnull , let’s open the gates to progress … box|nullxnull

2 Likes

Oh, I’m just in time for a shut-down! :laughing:

Before we go. I don’t see an “Introduce Yourself”. Not that I need to introduce myself. You all know me :crazy_face:

Is there not an “Introduce Yourself” thread here.

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and even less familiar faces.

:wave:,
WHAB

6 Likes

Try this @WhiteHotAfterburner :

6 Likes

Hey there, old friend! :wave:

Man, this site is so different than what I’m used to. I’m in a little shock with the structure, the format of the threads and the site.

I’ll give’r a go!

Thank you, brother!

none of our favorite emojis?

5 Likes

Good luck with the upgrade-

Looks like support $ is being spent properly…

3 Likes