Plant enzyme

Has anyone ever used plant enzyme? I’ve been using it on my first aero crop (first ever grow) and I don’t know if it’s just me or does using plant enzyme seem to provoke root rot?

I kinda feel like it does. I mean how does plant enzyme differentiate between love or dead roots ro “break down”? It seems to target what the roots are made of, so is it magically able to know if a root is dying or not or just indiscriminately break down anything?

Also I used to use 25% and I upped it during Flowering along with other nutes and I just kinda feel like ever since I moved it to 75% of the minimum concentration recommended that my roots have started well… Rotting.

Anyone else have exp in this? Should I just stop using it?

4 Likes

You are using 3/4 of one milliliter per gallon and it seems to be contributing to root rot? That sounds wrong. I haven’t used the humboldts best plant enzymes but I have used many other types of plant-specific enzyme formulations without having any issues :thinking: Are all your other inputs on point? Is your pH correct? Are you sure your nutrient concentration is stable, no large ppm swings which can damage roots? Are your reservoir temps in an acceptable range? I am curios as to why you might be incurring this rot. I would discontinue usage and see if the roots recover. That will help determine if it is the enzymes causing the problem… let the roots heal and grow back and then you can test the enzymes again and if they cause the issue again at that time I might quit using them permanently.

3 Likes

Correct. I’ve been using beneficial bacteria “orca” a while which helped for several weeks but my roots exploded so now the fine mist of my misters accumulates and leaves more water in the roots than before. I tried increasing the off time 15s per 2s spray but it didn’t help. So I’m not too sure if it’s the enzyme but logically speaking I just don’t understand how plant enzyme “breaks down” dead root matter vs live…ph is always 6.3 they were doing much better at 6.3 than 5.8 everyone pushes. Res temp is 65f. But since it moves through a pump and sits there Temps may vary, I’m going to have to check Temps at sprayers later.

Its my first grow so I don’t have anything to compare to but I do know my clones genetics are not that great. Everything affects them and they aren’t symmetrical.

What’s your exp with and without using enzyme? Any difference?

1 Like