Root accelerators like great white shark

Hey guys as I’m going to be doing a recirculating dwc system I want my roots perfect so I’m thinking of using a product like great white shark, is it possible to use it I hydroponics? Or are there any other quality root accelerators suitable in hydroponics? Thanks heaps guys,
Peace :v:

1 Like

plant success orca

1 Like

You don’t need them in any method. Focus on reservoir temperatures down and keeping things sterile.

3 Likes

What res temp do you recommend? I’ve always done 25degrees Celsius is that ok?

Awesome thanks mate I just looked it up :+1:

1 Like

This stuff is expensive but it absolutely magical.

4 Likes

just got some in the mail the other day to experiment with. excited to try it.

1 Like

A little goes a long way. I keep a little bit in my aerogarden reservoir at all times and add a little to my DWC buckets when seedlings are ready to move. Haven’t tried it in soil, yet. :relaxed:

1 Like

I bought the gold for soil… Alright I’ll probably low dose it. Going to use this for an OG pack I’m gonna run! Cool whip!

1 Like

Cooler is better, to a point… Aim for 20.

2 Likes

That nutrient line is not cheap.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, great info :+1: I’ll set my res temp to 20 and I’ll definitely get one of the recommended nutes above, I’m thinking root exelurator as you only need a tiny amount &it’s good they sell in such small bottles too.
It says to use in first 5 weeks but orca says use throughout whole cycle which kinda makes sense to me to keep the roots really healthy for good nutrient uptake so which do you think will work better? :thinking:

Orca is a mycorrhizal product. Sterile reservoir is easiest, you really don’t need fungi.

IDK exactly what the unlabelled active ingredients is in Excelurator, probably some sort of hormones like they all are. There really isn’t a need for either, in my opinion. I’d save your money were I in your shoes.

3 Likes

Ok thanks mate I appreciate your help, I’ve never used it in the past and did ok so I see your point, being on a very limited budget I think you might be right, I’ll just give it my best and hopefully see some results :grinning: thanks brother :+1:

Beware of magical bottles.

8 Likes

Yes. If it doesn’t have a seal it might not be the real thing. Flower fuel makes some good products.

1 Like
1 Like

Good stuff. I promise

1 Like

For DWC the most common beneficial bacteria product used is probably Botanicare Hydroguard. It’s used mainly to prevent pythium, not as a “root booster”.

A healthy plant in DWC will have plenty of root growth without any boosters.

7 Likes

Thanks mate I will look it up its good to know about products like that if it’s not too expensive I’ll get some, good to know ppl use it for dwc too👍

1 Like