Plant Identification Startup (not only cannabis)

Its a really good idea. I’m sure I will use it often. I’ve planted a lot of sunflowers and various other quick growing plants around my outdoor plants and not being much of a gardener it helps me to identify what I need to pull out weed wise without destroying things I want to keep.

2 Likes

There is a thread that @LemonadeJoe started with exactly that app. Let’s see if I can’t find it

2 Likes

If your other fast your last they say haha. Oh well. I thought I’d share it anyway.

1 Like
1 Like

Different app but does the same thing. Cheers Worchester_Farms.

1 Like

@Esrgood4u will be merging the thread to the existing one with more info on the subject for everyone to see.

Hope it’s ok. Thx.

Prepare for WARP! 3…2…1…GO!

2 Likes

Yeah no problem at all MadScientist. I thought it may come in handy for other outdoor growers.

2 Likes

Where i live i will be the wiser with this app, nothing i dunno about the vegetal kingdom! HAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Awesome app. I will be using this to identify cover plants and differentiate them from weeds when young.

Often recently, I have wanted to know what a particular plant is and nobody around me knew. This app will be very handy.

2 Likes

It’ll help me to figure out finally what that seedling is outside of my house. It’s a common smoking spot, so my first thought is cannabis. It does appear to be a sickly one, but it could also be poison ivy LoL. I’m not allergic, so touching it won’t help me identify.

looks like some sort of Bromeliad. Does it flower?

1 Like

After using the app for a while now it does have issues with the server being down or busy for short amounts of time.

It gets to 98% then stops sometimes although if you take a picture of your mystery plant you can identify it later when you do have connection or the server is up.

It told us the mystery plant on our allotment which we have trouble getting rid of is Jerusalem Artichoke. Seems to do quite well if you get a good shot of a leaf shape. I am impressed by how little it is bothered by a single plant with a backdrop of loads of other plants, it picks out the one I am interested in quite well.

The ‘add plant’ feature does not seem to do anything, it may be it is waiting for more people to identify the same plant.

3 Likes

I’ve tried the plantsnap app. Have only used it once and it worked. Pretty simple, but a lot of ad crap wanting you to upgrade for a fee of course.

Aechmea fasciata
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aechmea_fasciata

1 Like

Ok was wondering how many of you over the years have had mystery plants just pop up on your property and they have become a permanent structure in your landscape? Sitting on the porch looking out I see lambs ear a beautiful pampas grass hollyhocks and now a Russian sage has found its way curbside. Please share your plants !

Not sure what this ground cover is so any help is appreciated

Here’s another one a have a few around the yard I like it ,wondering if I should save it this one is in my Martha washing geranium

1 Like

It’s either Mandevilla or California Privet

1 Like

Any idea what’s in the pot?

1 Like

No, but it reminds me of those plants that close their leaves if you touch them.

2 Likes

Thought the same thing, mimosa pudica! Don’t know if that’s what it is. Also thought Black Locust, but I don’t think it’s that.
There’s a website that lets you upload pics and they offer you a list of possible matches.
Plant.ID

2 Likes

Just found this thread, got to check out that site. Thanks for posting it Joe.

2 Likes