Weird deformities or plant structure you've experienced

I’ve had some really weird things happen with growth patterns or leaf structure, seems like it happens more often now than back in the day. Share your weirdos

3 Likes

It’s not uncommon at all, but one of the first plants I grew, a bagseed, had three cotyledon and kept the trait through flower

11 Likes

I kinda like the triple node plants, I’ve seen a couple, never one in person but its really cool. Was it normal as far as harvest and all?

2 Likes

Yeah, it turned into a real nice plant. After stretch the leaf pattern wasn’t as striking, but still noticable especially in the lower branches.

I was absolutely taken by this plant. The triple leaves mesmerize me. If you could breed this trait I would make that my thing, like the freakers and the duck feet people.

2 Likes

Very cool, much appreciated

I’ve had few mutations but nothing too unusual.

Buds on leaf stalks.

787cdba0e348ca8641c30402732c4aba2c339374_2_690x310
At the right hand side of the seedlings there’s one with 3 cotlydons.

Eta a few more pics.

8 Likes

I have these jilly bean grapes, all of them were planted at different times. I figured I’d try 1, then it was 2, I have 4 now but they all have a lighter green stripe on them, one is really weird but I assume it’ll straighten itself out.

2 Likes

Gotta love it, am I just a savage? I never used gloves. I just let it build up on fingers until I can’t see anymore. Just me?

1 Like

The old “polyploidy” (probably not but interesting none the less) Pineapple Chunk

Ive only ever seen it on this one plant and never since… still cant explain it… main stem was flat and twisted and seemed like there were multiple sets of leaves stacked side by side and on top of each other.

Like it was supposed to split in two but got stuck

13 Likes

My gloves end up coated in resin.

when I’m done I give the fingers a stretch and the resin pops off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yeah, thats the reward after the massacre. I still ball it off my fingers and smoke it. Its a glimpse into the future

3 Likes

Probably not, though it’s not impossible; polyploidy is about the number of sets of chromosomes, though.

Pretty much exactly what happens, as I understand it. It’s called fasciation, appropriately enough, from the Latin fasces - literally, a bundle of sticks the emperors used to carry as a symbol of imperial power. Some other, less pleasant words are also derived from that, but this isn’t too terrible… still a negative mutation though, from what I’ve heard it’s likely to cause mold problems. It does look cool. :wink:

7 Likes

Here’s one of the seedlings I have going now - confirmed female.

5 Likes

Whoaaaaaaa, that’s wild

3 Likes

12 Likes

That doesn’t even look real, looks like a movie prop weed plant. Awesome

4 Likes

Here are some of the sister plants of the previous post. Started flowering outside here in OH - not sure if I’m going to keep them going or cull but they’re cool to watch for the moment at least.

Old pictures from the same or similar lines

8 Likes

I think I smelled that picture, rotten berries?
Thats super unique and the colors of that fat bud are unbelievable

Don’t remember - I think it was more of a leathery vanilla-honeysuckle smell. The entire line is fairly low odor - definitely light on the terpenes. Cool regardless.

1 Like

I can’t wait to get everything outside. I’m in Ohio, right on Lake Erie so I gotta be careful but I think I’m safe next week. Got a very exciting year ahead with our newfound freedom

2 Likes