Unusual Mutation?

I have a weird auto fem that I just pulled because I noticed some coming out. I had it growing in a 20 ounce cup and it was about 30” tall. There are nodes with 5 fingered leaves and nodes with one finger leaves. Both the stem and leaves has trichomes on it. My growing is limited, but maybe someone can weigh in as to why or what are the reasons this plant out of three from the same strain wanted to be special.

26 Likes

That reminds me of the original Dr. Grinspoon

Don’t be in a hurry to pitch that…

What is it’s genetics?

Cheers
G

14 Likes

What variety is it? I’ve seen similar things in the Dark Sparks from @Mr.Sparkle.

10 Likes

I might be scared of that .

5 Likes

It’s Sebring’s Loco Mota. I chopped it because of the nanners. It wasn’t foxtailling, just a weird bud structure.

10 Likes

Yea… It’s a weird structured plant, but the couple I have grown are completely trich covered… Like I have smoked a whole plant of a pheno like that haha

8 Likes

Well, Loco Mota is Crazy weed… :laughing: :crazy_face:

Cheers
G

15 Likes

so popped a few LM fo seed run and poof a male like legit male so confused help

1 Like

exactly what i thought!

1 Like

Fuck iT
grow it dry it SMOKE IT

PEACE OUT AND STAY SAFE

4 Likes

I am smoking some of Mr Sparkles dark sparks that did that, I think he calls it the willow variation. Nice smoke no trimming needed lol.

3 Likes

You nailed it, “willow variant” and yes I am going to smoke it! :smiley: :v:

3 Likes

This is what coyote candy can look like.
Some of my stuff buds like this…thicker buds though.

1 Like

This is what Sebring told me when I had a male plant pop with a earlier run,
“It’s more likely it was a cross pollination from a regular Blueberry/Blackberry kush auto plant I had last year.”
So anything is possible with the LM.

4 Likes

I like unusual growing cannabis plants and, if I have room l, I’ll let them finish just to see what they become.

That plant is very “Grinspoon” like, where it’s actually a calyx or “beaded” flowering structure instead of the normal leaf/calyx flowering structure we’re all used to.
Foxtails, genetic or otherwise, are stacked calyxes. Knowing that the most trichome rich area on any cannabis plant is the calyx, I would have definitely kept that around until it was finished. I would probably have cloned it too.

A few nanners are easy to remove and may deter the plant from putting out more.

Let us know how it smokes.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any idea of what sativa or sativas made up dr. Grinspoon?

2 Likes

That is a hard one to pin down, I have tried!

Near as I can figure it is: Purple Thai & Panama Red.
Check out Senor Garcia on Seedfinder.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

The first time I came across a strain with flowers like this was from something a friend mailed to me from his trip to Amsterdam around 1997 or so. If I’m not mistaken, it was called Quaze. I don’t know if this was pre Grinspoon, but it was before I knew of the Grinspoon strain.
Come to think of it, they could have been the same strain from looks alone. The Quaze was supposedly a mutated Neville’s Haze pheno that grew beads, instead of buds and the flavor was lemon-ish/floral and the high was one of the smoothest, clearest, longest lasting, most energizing highs I’ve ever experienced. Quaze was a clone only and there were no seeds available.

Quaze and Grinspoon share many commonalities… maybe they share the same genetic lines too.

6 Likes

Sounds amazing. Worth overlooking the crappy yield from the sounds of it. Hope I get to try it someday.

1 Like

Barneys says DR. Grinspoon is a hierloom. Seedfinder had this to say

mostly thai and it is Quaze

5 Likes