Planting earlier.... longer veg or earlier harvest?

Considering starting my outdoor grow a few weeks early this year if weather permitting in a greenhouse. If I planted May 10th would that mean they would go into flowering earlier or they would just have a longer veg time?

1 Like

Longer veg time. Seasons still change at roughly same time each year, so if your planting photos early then they should still finish up at roughly the same time as if you planted later. Bigger plants :+1:

3 Likes

thats what i was thinking but I also wanted to ask… fucking plants might get too big lol

2 Likes

With photoperiods longer veg, with autoflowers earlier harvest.

3 Likes

Did that for my brother, started early indoors and got them about a foot tall and then out them outside, 11 1/2 foot tall plants. 6 produced almost 11lbs of dried smoke

4 Likes

Yeah as it says above, photos only flower when the light changes so you will just get monster plants, nothing wrong with that. I will be staring some auto’s for outdoors this year just because they are on a timer and don’t need a light change. We sometimes end up with a short season here so I can plant them for a mid Aug harvest.

4 Likes

This past summer , trimmed for DAYS!! Lol

11 Likes

6 plants produced almost 11 lbs? fucking nice

3 Likes

lol holy shit!

Yes. The pic was early October, literally 4 of us hand trimmed for days.

2 Likes

we've got bush

2 Likes

did you hand trim all that or run it thru a machine?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: too funny

1 Like

So many days of trimming, I’m talking 8-10 hour sat and sun and few hours a day after work. Was like 2 weeks​:exploding_head:. 1 plant at a time … told him I was never starting plants early for him again!!! Lmao :joy: It’s bad enough I got 5-6 footers indoors :grin:

4 Likes

yeah maybe i wont start that shit early then lol… just looking at that pic gives me a headache unless i pick up a machine trimmer… been looking at the Batch1 or T2 … the T2 can trim wet or dry but the Batch1 is only designed to trim dry

3 Likes

If that ever happens again, I will got rent a trimmer. That was Horrible, sad to say. Lol :joy:

1 Like

I have 11 for outside this year to go in the ground in 7 gallon standard pots already :slight_smile:

get planting time is a wasting

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

tell me about trimming :frowning:

smoking good now :wink:

10 Likes

LOL, not quite yet but soon brother.

8 Likes

I do not envy you!! I at one time was like the bigger the better , more smoke for me. Then it happened, :weary::weary:. Nope…half a dozen 6 footers good enough for me

1 Like

how far apart did you plant those?

1 Like